How to randomize a light coming on at sunset

edokid

I wrote this program the other night and just realized it's never worked.  If I do "Run then" it does, but basically wanted it to be that the light comes on at sunset +/- 30 minutes, so did:

If Time is Sunset

Then

Wait 30 minutes (Random)

Set 'All Devices / Front Porch Light' On

Is that not the proper way to use the random function?  Thanks!

It looks right, I think its the setting on the bulb, the on level is set to 0 and the ramp rate at 9 minutes for some weird reason.  Changing it but getting one of those endless ISY progress bars, so will wait a bit and try and see but that's probably what it was.

That is the correct way to use Random. But the light will turn on +/- 30 minutes after sunset. Change Sunset to Sunset - 30 minutes and random to 1hour.

It looks right, I think its the setting on the bulb, the on level is set to 0 and the ramp rate at 9 minutes for some weird reason.  Changing it but getting one of those endless ISY progress bars, so will wait a bit and try and see but that's probably what it was.

If it were a bulb setting problem, I would not have expected it to run any better when choosing "run then", as you stated originally.

Archived