2441TH Thermostat v1.6

matapan

I picked up one of these thermostats at a good price recently.

I did a search in the forums to see if there are any issues with this thermostat and ISY-99. 

Are there any major issues currently to be aware of as it relates to using this version thermostat in an ISY-99 setup?

I'm assuming your search turned up MANY issues. Right?

There are many but none of them are related to using it with the ISY specifically. Just the darn tstat itself.

The main issues are using it with a gas furnace due to electrical noise on the line from the sparkers and attempting to use it with its wireless counterpart the 2441ZTH.

Hi matapan-

Like many technical decisions, there is not one universal answer and the answer is; it depends.  I think you will probably be happy with it. No matter which thermostat choice you make, there will be advantages and issues. One thing you need to do is go to the main forum page, and type in 2441TH under the main search box. Plan on spending an hour or so going through what people have experienced. Here is how I see it at a basic level:

Advantages

• It integrates directly with the ISY, and the ISY sees it as a thermostat. To me, this is one of its strongest attributes. If you are looking for remote control of your thermostat through ISY programs and mobile applications, this is where the 2441TH shines.

• Its a basic smart thermostat (this can be an advantage or an issue depending on how much you want to control your hvac system)

Issues

• The problem shannong reported above. I too had this problem and had to return my two units and shop for something else. The symptom is that the unit is affected by the gas furnace igniting in some cases, and it might cause the 2441TH to "lock up" and do bad, unpredictable things.   However, I do not believe that this happens to the bulk of 2441TH users. Many have it, use it and love it. Unfortunately there is no way to predict this behavior. If I had to guess, you probably won't see it. If you don't see the symptoms in the first 24 hours of regular heater cycles, you won't ever see it. 

I consider this a design flaw that only affects a smaller number of users who's furnaces don't filter the igniters from the furnace main conroller. I say 'design flaw' as I've had several other automated stats on the same HVAC units that did not have this problem. The connections in the 2441TH to the furnace should have been filtered. Shannong was the one who figured this out and worked tirelessly to solve it. While I too witnessed the symptoms, credit goes to  shannon who debugged it and figured it out.

• Its a basic smart thermostat. I was looking for more HVAC control. So its important to know if you want a basic stat you control with the ISY and Apps, or you want that plus more control over you HVAC system

• I see a number of users struggle a little with getting timely updates on temperature from the 2441ZTH when its under battery power. If you search the forum as described above, you will see this theme. 

If you want a basic integrated thermostat with ISY and mobile app control, you will probably be ok.

Paul

The question from matapan is whether 3.3.10 (ISY-99i) supports the 2441TH.

So, you actually read the OP's first question. I didn't :oops:

I picked up one of these thermostats at a good price recently.

I did a search in the forums to see if there are any issues with this thermostat and ISY-99. 

Are there any major issues currently to be aware of as it relates to using this version thermostat in an ISY-99 setup?

I am unable to add the 2441TH to an ISY-99. I tried auto-linking, linking by ID and linking by ID plus selecting the thermostat from the drop down list.

Finally, a reason to upgrade B)

I have three zones all controlled by 2441TH wired thermostats. Oh, and a 994i, too.

No difficulties, but I don't do much with them. I use RemoteLincs to control them and programs to turn them off when we leave (Dine Out button) and also to turn them off at night in the event we forget (mostly).

Archived