How To Control Porch Light?

When you walk into my house from the front door there is a 2 part light switch. The top switch controls the light where you walk in. The bottom switch controls the porch light. The picture below shows graphically how it’s assigned.

I am replacing the switch with a Insteon 2334-232 6 button keypad switch.

The top and bottom buttons will control the light where you walk in. That leaves 4 extra (center) buttons. How do I assign one of those four buttons to the porch light? Is there a Insteon part that I would wire inline so that I can control the porch light on and off from one of those 4 buttons? 

post-6465-0-87138100-1429489673_thumb.png

There are inlinelinc modules and micro modules that are installed in the fixtures themselves. The keypad can control one of the lights without a module, you chose.

The main on/off of the keypad controls one of the hots that comes to the box, the other is wire nutted together to the other light. A module installed at the light controls the light, and you create a group with the module and one key as the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2443-222 US version. Sold by Smarthome

2443-292  Retail US version. Sold by authorized vendors. Like Tiger Direct or Newegg to name a few.

May or may not be the latest version of the module. Depending on how long the vendor had it in their stock.

Thanks Paul!   :mrgreen:

Is there any difference between the Insteon 2443-222 and the 2443-292?

The -222 is sold by Smarthome, the -292 is sold by other vendors. Also, the Micro Module has a 15 amp capacity, the In-LineLinc is rated for up to 20 amps.

Archived