Speeding up device respond time

bcsh

I setup a house with dimmers (2477d) and (2477s) in two different locations. With keypads controlling all the lighting in the house. My issue is that when a scene is pressed there is a lag between some lights. This is around 1-2 full seconds.

Could this be a issue because I set this whole system up with all the modules right beside each other in one location and then took them to the site and put them into their place.

Is there a way that I can fix this?  

Thanks! 

Should not be related to how the devices were originally located.  Insteon Scenes do not work that way.

The Scene devices should respond at the same time.  The 1-2 second delay indicates one or more devices in the Scene did not "hear" the initial Scene command (Group Broadcast message) which is not ACKed and not retried.  After the Group Broadcast message each Scene device is sent a device specific Group Cleanup Direct message which is ACKed and retried as needed. Normally this followup Group Cleanup Direct message is redundant but does insure all devices react to the Scene even when the Insteon network is not working well.

The delay indicates some devices are not hearing the initial Scene message.  Could be noise where a filter(s) is needed, lack of good coupling, something that is degrading the Insteon network.    

First thing to verify that the two 120v legs are properly coupled.   Tap the PLM Set button 4 times and verify that the Range Extenders/Access Points are on opposite 120v legs.

Then see if there is something common about the devices that show a delay in turning On.  Are they on the same circuit, same room or area of house.  What else is powered by that circuit, a TV, an appliance that is generating noise, something that requires a FilterLinc to isolate it.

Identifying comm issues is a process that may take some time to identify the cause.

Is your PLM on the same circuit as the computing equipment or an UPS?

Both are common signal problems.

I have my UPS and computing equipment on a FilterLinc and the PLM in the unfiltered AC outlet on its front cover.

If you start to find problem issues like some TVs. Make sure you unplug the device in question.

A Range Extender can be plugged in almost anywhere.  Did you determine that was the problem?  A subpanel itself does not cause problems.  I have two subpanels neither of which cause problems.  Adding a Range Extender will not cause a problem so there is no harm in trying that solution.

The ideal location for a single pair of Range Extenders is as close to the main panel as possible. additional Range extenders increase reliability and range. Once the first pair is communicating in each direction as indicated by the 4-tap/beacon test, it's not critical where the others are placed. The most effective bridge is a hard-wired coupler in or near the main panel.

Archived