can not login to ISY994 remotely

remedy1234

Hi All,

I cannot login remotely to a ISY994 remotely...I'm getting a JAVA error.I added site to edited java list.This system was installed 17 months ago.Do I need to locally access and update system?System is running fine and access to mobillinc is running.

Thanks Tim 

Hi All,

I cannot login remotely to a ISY994 remotely...I'm getting a JAVA error.I added site to edited java list.This system was installed 17 months ago.Do I need to locally access and update system?System is running fine and access to mobillinc is running.

Thanks Tim 

Isn't MobiLinc remote access?

Your text is not detailed enough.

What are you using to attempt remote access that is not working? 

Was remote access working before?

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply.I'm using MAC,yes it was working before.I am getting the JAVA error on the start up window,usually I would just add it to the java edit list and it would go through when that error came up.However the system has not been updated since it was installed.The customer is a state away and I am trying to avoid a unneeded trip or a remote log on do to his busy schedule.This happen before due to a system the was not updated and Steve Lee ended up doing a remote log in with the customer.He could not even access system locally.

Tim

remedy1234

I have never accessed my ISY remotely and I install every ISY image, Beta and Official released (except 5.0 Alpha).

Don't know what you want to update to so I will use 4.3.3 RC2 as an example.  Go to the 4.3.3 RC2 announcement and click on 2m1 line that matches your 994i.  That will download the ISY image to your computer.  Follow 2m2, 2m3 and 3. to install downloaded ISY image from your computer.

Then click on 4.a to install matching Admin Console.

If some other ISY image is desired the instruction line numbers may be different but the sequence is the same.

Only takes a few minutes.  Feel free to follow up with questions if needed.

I installed an ISY994 at a customers house back in 01/14,It has been working fine and I could access remotely and through mac and Mobilinc.I have not access it in probably a year now,through Mac.I still can access through mobilinc but not the mac(customer ask me to make some scene changes).It has not been updated since the install.My guess is its an older firmware version and Java will not let me in remotely even when its on the list.I have had this problem before with another customer and it had to be accessed with a logmein to there computer locally,the job is 3 hours away and I am trying to avoid a trip or setting up a time with the customer because of his busy schedule.

From the 4.2.30 announcement

Important Notes
- Due to a major SSLv3 vulnerability (POODLE), all SSLv3 functionality is disabled. On the 994i series, TLS1.1 is now the default protocol. On PRO series, you can choose up to TLS 1.2.

Thanks Lee,

I remember doing something with TLS on mac...not on windows.I will work on that,the question is can it be fix remotely?If it can is there any other post that explain how to do it?Both on Mac and Windows.I will search and get back with you tomorrow.AGAIN! Thank you for all you dedication to this product it is greatly appreciated...you have helped me from the beginning and it is nice to come back and feel welcomed and find that your service is exactly the same"OUTSTANDING"

THANKS TIM

Archived