Keypadlinc won't update after changes made in console

After making changes recently to some of my network, I have this Keypadlinc that was installed previously that shows as needing update in the ISY994 console (the green symbol on the left). When I click 'write update to devices' there the message 'system busy' 'do not unplug'... but nothing seems to be written to the device (no 'writting xxx to yyy address') and then the ISY goes back to 'ready' and the device has not been updated (still showing the green 'need update' symbol). No error message...

I have already power-cycled the KPL.

Any idea?

Can't communicate reliably. I have factory reset the device. After doing 'restore device' from ISY I still have green 'need update' icon on the left.

Remove the (bulbs) load from the KPL. Hard reset the device again per the full users manual and confirm it does what it states in the manual for your model year device.

Once its been hard reset you can try the restore device. If it doesn't work delete the KPL from the ISY Series Controller and reboot the system.

Once the system comes back up add the KPL back into the system and report back success / failure.

NOTE: The load must be removed during the above process . . .

Remove the (bulbs) load from the KPL. Hard reset the device again per the full users manual and confirm it does what it states in the manual for your model year device.

Once its been hard reset you can try the restore device. If it doesn't work delete the KPL from the ISY Series Controller and reboot the system.

Once the system comes back up add the KPL back into the system and report back success / failure.

NOTE: The load must be removed during the above process . . .

If you delete the kpl you will lose all the scene set ups.  Depending on how many scenes and stuff it is in, that might be a PITA to redo.  If you have a spare kpl, you can transfer all the settings to that kpl, and then back to that device after you delete, factory reset, and readd to ISY.

Thanks. I had already removed the KPL from the ISY completely before reading above comment and re-installed it. Tediuous work to re-create all those scenes/links for a KPL. It's now working normally. Did not have to remove the load.

Thanks for all your help.... a bit surprised I had to fully remove it from iSY and bring it back...

Thanks. I had already removed the KPL from the ISY completely before reading above comment and re-installed it. Tediuous work to re-create all those scenes/links for a KPL. It's now working normally. Did not have to remove the load.

Thanks for all your help.... a bit surprised I had to fully remove it from iSY and bring it back...

Glad it all worked out in the end.

The only reason I mentioned to remove the load (bulbs) is often times the CFL, LED, what ever puts out just enough noise to cause similar write issues.

As apostolakisl indicated deleting a device when the system has lots of dependencies such as scenes / programs is a real PITA. His suggestion using a spare device and transferring the programming is a great option. Unfortunately a spare isn't always laying around to be used.

BTW do the setting transfer from one device to a new one work reliably for you ? I have tried it 4-5 times and EVERY time I ran into major pb and had to re-do manually.

Wow, no never had issues.  I had the early switches that all had the "tact button issue" and had to replace all of them.  Thank god for ISY.  All I had to do was use "replace with" command and all went well.  Except of course for the bone head move of accidentally replacing it backwards once (transferred the programming from the brand new switch to the old switch which basically deleted everything).

I keep a spare switchlinc and KPL around just in case.

Archived