Messed with IP address, Cant find ISY

scotskicker

I am still new to using the ISY994i, but have had great luck starting with some scenes and programs. Recently I decided to try to configure my ISY settings so that I could access the ISY from outside my LAN and now my router is not recognizing it as connected to the network, however my scheduled scenes are still running. I can't access the Admin Console either, as it cannot find the ISY. 

I think my problem is that when I changed the internet settings on the ISY configuration, I used the Internet IP address etc. from my ISP instead of the LAN IP? Hopefully that makes some sense, although I didn't explain it very well. 

How can I access the admin console and change these settings when my network will not find the ISY? This is really bothering me since I just bought some new dimmers and contact sensors and I can't do anything cool with them! Much thanks in advance.

Casey

I am still new to using the ISY994i, but have had great luck starting with some scenes and programs. Recently I decided to try to configure my ISY settings so that I could access the ISY from outside my LAN and now my router is not recognizing it as connected to the network, however my scheduled scenes are still running. I can't access the Admin Console either, as it cannot find the ISY. 

I think my problem is that when I changed the internet settings on the ISY configuration, I used the Internet IP address etc. from my ISP instead of the LAN IP? Hopefully that makes some sense, although I didn't explain it very well. 

How can I access the admin console and change these settings when my network will not find the ISY? This is really bothering me since I just bought some new dimmers and contact sensors and I can't do anything cool with them! Much thanks in advance.

Casey

OK read all instructions before starting

Your ISY probably needs to have a new eprom installed. Here's how

Open the case and ....j/k

Try clicking this link.

http://isy

The ISY eprom returned "The server at isy can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address." DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I tried changing my subnet mask to zeros and my router gives me the error "IP address is conflicted with WAN IP subnet, please enter again". 

I couldn't see my ISY in my router's attached devices, but I think I made some progress. I changed my subnet mask, and changed my ip address, I did was it at somethign like 192.168.xxx, now it is showing as 10.0.0.xxx. I reboot the ISY and I guess now I need to restore from a backup. I am in the Admin Console now. So I am thinking that I will change my IPs back to the 192.168.xxx first on the ISY and then change it in the router settings?

Seem to be making some progress here. 

This is now resolved. I restored my backup and I am up and going. Now time to READ the ISY wiki on port forwarding, and get a crash course on http commands. Thanks everyone for all the help on this, it a great community here filled with a lot knowledge. I typically read alot of posts but don't comment or share, but I have a feeling that with some of the projects I have planned I might be posting more often.  

This is now resolved. I restored my backup and I am up and going. Now time to READ the ISY wiki on port forwarding, and get a crash course on http commands. Thanks everyone for all the help on this, it a great community here filled with a lot knowledge. I typically read alot of posts but don't comment or share, but I have a feeling that with some of the projects I have planned I might be posting more often.  

The best way s to turn on DHCP in your ISY and let your router assign an IP address so there is not any clashes later.

After that, go into your router and find the IP reservation table and enter a valid (in allowed range)  IP address for your ISY into the table. This will force your ISY to that IP address every time it boots and asks the router for an IP address (DHCP). This will insure no conflicts happen later in IP address clashes locking you out or causing intermittent problems on your LAN.

Most routers allow one to assign an IP address based on the client MAC address. Thus allows one to leave the ISY in DHCP mode and guarantee a fixed IP address. Important for port forwarding.

Archived