Is U-D developing a replacement PLM

A recent post on the Smarthome Forum mentions U-D is developing a robust PLM to go with the ISY .

http://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12499&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=hub%2Cplm

Any truth to that?

There seems to be lot's of posts on forums complaining about power supply failures in their PLMs.  However, I still have one of the original PLMs I purchased in 2008.  I must leave a charmed life.... LOL

I did have to strap an Access Point into the PLM to help resolve the communication problems I was having.  Just a bit unsightly lump sticking out my wall though...

The UDI PLM is on hold waiting for Smartlabs to provide the RF and PLM controller IC's with the Insteon Firmware in it.

If you are running a 2412S PLM they where not subject to the slightly over two year supply failures.

Eventually the two large filter capacitors may fail but not in just two years like the hardware 1.? 2413S models.

If you are running a 2412S PLM they where not subject to the slightly over two year supply failures.

Eventually the two large filter capacitors may fail but not in just two years like the hardware 1.? 2413S models.

Thanks Brian.  I had forgotten my old PLM is a 2412S.  The new one I have is a Dual Band 2413S v1.B 1329 and still NIB. So once I start using it, I should expect it will last only a couple years.

Jim

Archived