MobiLinc (iOS) 4.5/4.6/4.7: Apple Watch and Much More!

InsteonNut

Hi Wes, just a quick question, do you know if the Mobilinc Watch app will run correctly on watchOS 2? Just want to know if it will still work OK when I update my watch this coming Wednesday.

Also, any progress on the today view/watch dashboard iPhone issue with IOS 9? I also would like to update my iPhone to it this wednesday.

Thanks

Hi kaphely,

We were tracking two issues from the last iOS 9 beta:

1. The Watch app wasn't working on the iOS 9/watchOS 2 beta.

2. The Today View wouldn't display on the iPhone under iOS 9 beta but would work on the iPad iOS 9 beta (same MobiLinc code).

With the final GM release of iOS 9 late last week and presumably the same version that will be released this upcoming Wednesday I can confirm that the first issue with the Watch app not running Apple did fix. However, the second issue is not fixed.

I dug into this over the weekend only to discover that there's a serious bug in iOS 9 Today View support that's causing MobiLinc and several other apps with widget support to simply not display the rendered UI (note this does not impact all widgets, just some that implement the UI in a certain way). I managed to find a workaround for this iOS 9 bug and submitted the update to Apple late last night for review. Typically right around major OS releases Apple tends to accelerate the app review process, so I'm expecting to have this update approved and released before Wednesday.

I'll keep this top post updated with the current status of the 4.7 release.

Wes

Wes, my IOLinc Sensor is definitely a controller for a scene (to indicate garage open/close status on a KPL).  I thought this was standard practice to set up IOLinc Garage doors with KPLs?  Is there another way to still indicate status on a KPL and have the sensor button push work in Mobilinc?

Hi Tungsten,

There are ways to setup the IOLinc and KPL so that the KPL scene acts as a controller for the Relay and as door status so tapping the KPL or tapping the scene in MobiLinc both drive the garage door while reflecting the garage door status. There are other topics on the forum that describe the different ways this can be setup.

The other option is to remove the sensor from the scene and instead drive the scene using a program based on sensor status. This would be the easiest solution from where your setup is current at to leverage the new sensor tap feature in MobiLinc to drive the relay and still keep it tied to a scene status that drives a KPL.

Wes

Hi Tungsten,

Two possible solutions:

1. Have the ISY query the IO Linc about 3 seconds after seeing the Relay "ON" command. This is necessary to update the ISY's status of the IO Linc Relay (otherwise the relay stays ON when it's actually OFF).

2. In MobiLinc go under the IO Linc Relay details->Advanced Options and remove all the command except for the ON command. This forces MobiLinc to only issue ON commands to the Relay regardless of the Relay status.

Wes

Awesome, that worked perfectly.  Thanks Wes.  One more request: can you make a Reverse House Lights Icon?   I have a scene that turns off all internal lights but it's based on being off, I think this might be a the way a few people have this set up and it would help give a proper indicator.

thanks again.

I have an odd problem with the Z Wave scene (scene that only has 1 Z Wave device) status - Watch and iPhone/iPad at the today view do not show the scene being turned on (if it has been turned on previously). If I click on it however - it starts showing it as being "On". If I click it again - it goes to "Off" no problem.

Is it only me? (ISY is running 5.0.1 so that may contribute to that as well)

Thanks!

Hi xKing,

I'm not sure I understand what a one device scene buys you, but regardless there should be scene status. Can you add the device to the Apple Watch and Today View just to confirm that MobiLinc in these areas sees the device status? If not, please confirm that the main MobiLinc app and your ISY's Admin Console sees device status update in real-time (IE you can physically turn the device ON/OFF and see the status update in the Admin Console).

Wes

I have a few scenes that only have a single z wave light switch added, no insteon devices in these scenes. All of them are On/Off switches that are usually on the schedule and controlled by ISY. Main MobiLinc app and Admin Console show these correctly, I have not tried adding the device only to the Watch or Today View - I'll do that tonight, thanks!

There is what happens:

If the target scene is off: Clicking on the scene icon on my watch actually turns the device On and then draws a circle around it (showing the On status) and then quickly disappears (shows as off again). If I click it again - it now would show it as being on. another click turns it off and icon would now show it as off.

Mobilinc HD 4.7 Today view is working on my iPhone 6 iOS 9.1 beta. Great work Wes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just upgraded my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.0 and I still only have Mobilinc HD 4.6. Has this fix not been released for iOS 9.0 yet? Missing my today view functionality!!

Thanks

Jim

Hi Wes, I just discovered a bug with the Watch App.

I have an EZIO 2x4 device. My device has address 21 2E 96 and the two outputs on it have addresses 21 2E 96 2 and 21 2E 96 1 respectively. I can control each one independently using the isy directly and using the Mobilinc HD app as well. I added those two "devices" to the Watch App dashboard but I found out that both "devices" on the Watch App control 21 2E 96 2. I tried removing the two devices from the watch app and adding them back and they still both control the second node of the device.

I'm running the latest beta of the App on IOS 9.1 Public Beta.

Could you look into this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi kaphely,

I don't have one of those devices to test with, but it follows the same node ID convention as all other INSTEON nodes so it shouldn't be unique in it's control. I'm not sure why the watch would act differently here unless the node(s) were scene controllers. Can you make absolutely certain in the ISY's Admin Console that neither node is a member of a scene?

If it's not in a scene, then I'll need to connect to your ISY and your EZIO to test directly to see what's happening.

Wes

They are not scene controllers, but are scenes responders. Actually, I cannot be only 100% sure as the isy 5.0.1 beta doesn't show device membership anymore it seems, but I do not see why these two would be controllers as they are output devices.

But anyway, I do not understand why I am able to correctly control both nodes from the iPhone app but not from the watch app. I'm sure there is something else we are missing here.

Oh and if it can give you more clues, my dashboard on the apple watch show both nodes side by side, so when I click on node 2, only node one icon turns on. But when I click one node one, the icons of both nodes change to On. But if I look at the Mobilinc App on the iPhone while I operate the nodes on my Watch, I see that if I turn on node 1 on the watch, node 2 turns on on the app.

So it seems that the watch has trouble handling devices with more than one node?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure it out as usual.

Thanks,

Hi kaphely,

There's no issues with MobiLinc on the iPhone/TodayView/Watch in dealing with items with multiple nodes. Example: IOLinc, EZFlora, KPLs, thermostats, etc. They all work the same way including the EZIO.

I'm not sure where to even start trying to figure out what's happening. Is there any way you can go back to stable releases of ISY firmware, iPhone OS, and Watch OS versions? First off we need to establish a baseline of "official" firmware/OS version support to attempt to figure out what beta release gets introduced that causes the issue. 

The first thing to try is to go back to the 4.x official firmware release of the ISY and make sure that it works correctly there in the Admin Console (not a member of any scene) and then verify MobiLinc iPhone behavior.

Wes

Archived