SynchroLinc And Water Pump Notofications

smokegrub

I have the SynchroLinc installed and this is what I got:

Trigger Threshold Watts: 9

Holdoff (Secs) 1.34

Hysteresis (Watts) 5

I wrote two quick programs to send a notification when the pump turns on and when it turns of. The problem is that I got 2 On and 2 Off notifications when the pump started. I don't know the significance of these data and especially hysteresis (what is that!) so I don't know how to proceed with troubleshooting.

I posted this as part of my original post but that is so far down that I feared no one would see it.

Holdoff is the duration that must occur before a change is responded to. The recommended minimum value is 1.5 sec, but it can be adjusted from 0.5 to 38.25 sec. I use 1.5 seconds for our subwoofers.

Hysteresis is the minimum change that must occur before the SynchroLinc changes state. The range 0.5 to 127.5 watts. The recommended minimum value is 1.5 watts. I chose 10% of the trigger threshold.

I changed holdoff to 10 seconds (defaulted to 9 point something) and the problem was solved, i.e., both programs ran and an On notification was sent followed by the Off notification. The actual time lag between the two notifications reflected the time it took for the pump to refill the tank and cut off. Thanks all.

Archived