FilterLinc

I have an appliance that I know causes noise on my system so I installed a FilterLinc about 1 year ago.  All ISY communicatons were perfect.  Now I have issues communicating with an Insteon device on my system.  When I turn off the appliance the communciation issues are resolved.

I have not seen any issues with FilterLinc 1626-10 V1.2. 

Is there any other method of testing this device for proper operation or do I assume that the FilterLinc is no longer is working? 

I have an appliance that I know causes noise on my system so I installed a FilterLinc about 1 year ago.  All ISY communicatons were perfect.  Now I have issues communicating with an Insteon device on my system.  When I turn off the appliance the communciation issues are resolved.

I have not seen any issues with FilterLinc 1626-10 V1.2. 

Is there any other method of testing this device for proper operation or do I assume that the FilterLinc is no longer is working? 

Two things come to mind is to open the case via the four Phillips screws. Measure the fuse and confirm continuity if its blown replace with appropriate. If the fuse shows continuity pull the board out of the case and look underneath to the two inductor coils.

I have seen first hand where the copper lead simply pulls out due to the weight of the device or improper clipping of the solder joint. 

Here is a reference thread I created about this topic: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16486-filter-linc-1626-10-faults-repair/?hl=filterlinc&do=findComment&comment=144171

I appreciate your wisdom but unfortunately I am a real idiot when it comes to electricity and soldering.  Sure wish you were my neighbor as you would be a huge help to me. 

I can assure you if you take a few moments to open the cover and describe what you see and measure. If you have the correct tools we may be able to help you diagnose or fix this filter linc.

Please open the cover and measure the fuse this is the first step.

EDIT: I just realized you said you purchased this unit a year ago. This item is under the 2 year warranty so submit a service request to get a RMA and get a new one. No need to putts around with the unit since its covered by the Smarthome warranty.

Ha . . .

The appliance is an air flter.  Airocide unit (airocide.com).  I found them to be "noisy" hence the purchase of the FilterLinc.  I have a new FilterLinc and swapped it out.  Initially I thought it would help but it over a longer period of time it does not appear to resolve the issue. 

Since the issue was not resolved by swapping out the FilterLinc, I then unplugged the air filters (I have 2 units and 2 FilterLincs).  My communication issues were not resolved.  I have now opened a new topic in this forum (System Communications) to move beyond the FilterLinc and find another solution.  You have also posted to this topic in an effort to help me.  Thank you. 

Archived