Programing Around a Fast Off Command

hedgehogfrenzy

I'd like to use a Fast Off command as a way to enable a secondary scene to turn off multiple lights where there is a multi-button keypad across the room.

I created a program that turns off all the scenes when you double tap off, and it does work.  But the lights connected to that scene go down instantly (because of the double tap) while the rest of the lights in the scene fade down normally.

Is there a way to program around the fast off command and make the lights that are connected to switch fade down, effectively turning the fast off into remote command only.

Thanks.

I avoided using my Fast Off as an All Off scene command and used the single tap Off instead. I foresaw this as a problem using only the switch / dimmer

My Fast Off is now the trigger to turn on my 13 coloured lights around the room perimeter and turn the white lights off.

One Switch / Dimmer controls 15 different lighting scenes. I do not use a KPL and wife picked up how to control all the scenes quite easily. The whole thing has to be based on a guest operating the switch without any training so the Fast Off usage for lights Off was not compatible with that logic anyway.

So a couple of things...

1) Doesn't sound like it's possible, so I'm going to let it slide unless someone else chimes in.

2) 13 colored lights...sounds trippy...like a fun *** room to hang out in.

3) How do you control 15 light scenes from one dimmer?  

The switch itself generates six commands.

Fast On

On

Brighten

Dim

Off

Fast Off

I use some as multiple scene commands toggling between the two. This is a simplified 'On' for the switch being my most common usage. When a gues turns on what they think is a normal switch they get TV watching mode. Another tap toggles it to Reading Mode, a little brighter in spots.

My logic is always up taps or more taps for brighter so it is easily remembered and intuitive.

Fast On turns on all my lights White and full brilliance with about 200 watts of LED lighting. It's like a hospital  operating room.

Fast Off is always a free command that isn't that useful for scene lighting in the room due to the sudden Off and no other lights match that abrupt  ramp.

If

Control 'Dimmer' is 'On'

AND

$sRoomStateis not $cMODE.TV  <---constant variable "$c" using integer variable for easy reading

Then

Set $sRoomState = $cMODE.TV

Set  TVWatching scene On

Else

Set $sRoomState = $cMODE.READING

Set   ReadingScene On

Using the same scene variable I can rotate my coloured lights through and unlimited quantity of colour schemes. Too many can be  problem as it takes time to rifle through too many scenes.

Note I use a slightly different method to the method shown. I only set the variable to it and have a bank of programs that use the event triggering feature of ISY to actually turn on the scenes.

So my Dimmer switch would look something like this

.If

Control 'Dimmer' is 'Dim'

Then

Set $sRoomState = $cMODE..MOVIE

Set  $sRoom.Colour = $cMODE.PARTY1

Else

----

Now two banks of White and Coloured light programs do the scene and dirty work (for Hues and MiLights using Network Resources) 

Something like this as two examples.

If

$sRoomState is $cMODE.MOVIE

Then

set scene MovieScene 'On'

Else

---

If

$sRoom.Colour is $cMODE.RED

Then

Network resource Hues.All.On

Network resource Hues.red

Network resource MiLights.red 

I also have a Mini Remote that duplicates the exact same sequence of button pushes so the style is the same and all controls are available from my easy chair.

Went offline for a couple of days due to work.  I like your implementation...I hadn't thought about the fact that I could use a variable to track light states and then program what the off button does depending on what's lit/happening.

That is a good way to fix my "all off" situation since I'd only be turning off all lights if certain scenes were on.

Thanks.

Archived