Installed new isy994i but one issue

I just to my and installed my new isy994i.  It has one issue though.  My newest switchlinc won't communicate with it.  The switch is only 3 months old.  It works fine but the isy says it can't communicate with it.  Should I reinstall it?  If so, what would the proper procedure be? 

Also, one of the directions on installing the new isy994i in place of the 99 was Change QueryAll program to point to the main Scene (My Lighting or ISY).  Where do I go to do that?  I have forgotten I guess. 

This is the WiKi that references all the material you need to complete a successful migration from a 99 to 994 Series Controller: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series:Migrating_To_Your_ISY-994i

If the ISY-994 has not been updated to the latest 4.3.10 RC 5 Beta please follow the instructions listed in this thread: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16427-release-4310-rc5-is-now-available/page-1

If both of the above has been completed you can select the device in question in the *Device Tree* to the left of the console and select *Right Mouse Click* and pick restore device.

Go to Programs | Details, scroll down and Edit QueryAll Program.    The QuertAll Program has a 

Set Scene 'My Lighting' Query

or

Set Scene 'ISY' Query

depending on whether the QueryAll came from a 99i or 994i.

The Set Scene should specify the name just below Network on the Main tab display.  The name (ISY or My Lighting) depends on whether configuration was migrated from 99i or created on 994i.

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3.   Turn On the SwitchLinc with the Admin Console and post the event trace.  May be necessary to Delete and readd SwitchLinc using New INSTEON Device but that may not help.  Depends on what the event trace shows.

I can't remember how to upload to this forum.  I was going to show you my QueryAll in programs.  I am kind of out of touch with this. 

I have updated the firware and followed all the steps other than the Query.  I tried to do a restore on the SwitchLinc but it just can't communicate with the isy. I works fine when I turn it on but for some reason it just won't communicate.  It did with my isy99. 

This is my QueryAll Program as my 994i was migrated from a 99i.

QueryAll - [iD 0072][Parent 0001]

If
        Time is  3:00:00AM
Then
        Set Scene 'My Lighting' Query
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

post-707-0-16131500-1439396476_thumb.jpg

I tried to do a restore on the SwitchLinc but it just can't communicate with the isy. I works fine when I turn it on but for some reason it just won't communicate.  It did with my isy99. 

Hard reset the device in question then do a device restore and let us know if it operates as expected. If doing this action still does not resolve the issue where you can see the status of the device and control it via the Admin Console.

Delete the device from the ISY and then add it back and report back success / failure. All of this assumes your problem is not a lack of coupling / bridging issue. It also assumes this is not a noise maker / signal sucker issue like from a bad load such as CFL / LED lighting.

If the above loads are present and you have completed the first step of deleting, adding, the device back into the ISY Series Controller. Simply remove the load (bulb) and report back if you're able to control the load via the Admin Console.

The indicates, as you concluded, a communication problem. A good test is to swap the problem dimmer with a known good dimmer. If the problem follows the location, then there's something on the powerline causing the difficulty. If the problem follows the dimmer, then the device is defective.

Alternatively, disconnect and/or unplug everything else on that same circuit. Turning something off is not sufficient. It must be unplugged/disconnected. Can the ISY communicate with the dimmer?

Archived