assistance with replacing switches

iowaj

I have replaced switches before with the ISY99i and now have the ISY994i.  I am replacing an old 2876DB v12 switch(and by the way - is this a know defective one that could be under warranty) with a 2477S rev 6.7 switch.  The switch works, and shows up in ISY as new switch, but can't find it in list when I go to replace old switch.  Is the old one a dimmer switch and the new one not?  If so, does this mean I would have to reprogram any links or scenes since I can't easily swap?  This system was in place with the home we purchased and successfully replaced under warranty many, many switches in 2011 from original installation that were known to be defective, but I have not done much with links or scenes.  Any advice is much appreciated! Hate to have to go out and buy another new dimmer switch as I don't really need the dimmer on this one. 

The replace with command will only work on the same type of switch.

So yes, you would need to go through and replace it in the scenes.  I don't suspect that this should be such a big deal, however.  ISY makes it pretty easy to add or remove a device from scenes.  So unless it is in a huge number it should only take a couple minutes.

And you can quickly see all the scenes the old switch is in by clicking on it and seeing it in the tree.

EDIT:

OK, Am I crazy or did the "membership" tree go away?  I am only getting it with with my KPL's and X10 devices, I could swear it used to show up with all devices.

The replace with command will only work on the same type of switch.

So yes, you would need to go through and replace it in the scenes.  I don't suspect that this should be such a big deal, however.  ISY makes it pretty easy to add or remove a device from scenes.  So unless it is in a huge number it should only take a couple minutes.

And you can quickly see all the scenes the old switch is in by clicking on it and seeing it in the tree.

That seems pretty easy from what I can see.  The old switch is also in a link  for a button a 6 button pad.  How do I remove the old switch from that link and add the new switch into it? And am still wondering if that old switch(2876DB vs 12) is known defective and if Smarthome would replace it.  They have replaced defective switches before for me.

First move the switch out of any folders it is in to the primary folder.  Then right click on it and click "delete".  That will remove if from all scenes.  Then add the new switch into those scenes.  

So if a KPL button is controlling the switch, you would have a scene that both the KPL button and your new switch are both members of.  If it is working as a "3-way" then both the KPL and the new switch would be set as controllers.

I don't think I am understanding.  There is a button on the keypad that is linked to the mbath.fan and mbath.shower if I understand the scenario below correctly. If I am wanting to take out the mbath.shower switch and replace it with a new switch I have added (can't just use replace as old was dimmer and new is not), how do I do this?  Probably this is simple but this newbie to programming is confused!

main:mbath.kpd.shwrlite/fan

Is Controller for

Link:main.mbath.shwer/fan

main:mbath.fan.L

main.mbath.shower.L

Right click on the old switch name in the left tree (not the scene), "delete" should be there, it is not, then "remove from folder" will be there.  If it is in a folder, click on remove from folder.  After it is out of the folder then right click on it and click "delete".  Now it is gone.  ISY will remove it from the scene and reprogram the other switches automatically.  If you have the ISY pro version you may have to right click and then click the "write to devices" button as the pro model lets you do all kinds of changes and delay the writing.

Then right click on the new switch and click "add to scene" and click the name of the scene (link:main.mbath.shwer/fan) when it gives you option for responder or controller, click controller.

Again, if you have pro version and it is in delayed mode, then you will need to right click "write to devices", or toggle off the delayed writing mode in the top menu bar.

Don't delete the old device until you add the new one to the various scenes. That's because the old device is your only record .

Select the device. There should be a Membership panel on the right. Make note of which scene has the device as a controller (there can be only one) and which scenes have the device as a responder. Drag the device into the scene where it's a controller, first. Then add the device to the other scenes. You may want to test the scenes at this point. If all is well, delete the old device.

Don't delete the old device until you add the new one to the various scenes. That's because the old device is your only record .

Select the device. There should be a Membership panel on the right. Make note of which scene has the device as a controller (there can be only one) and which scenes have the device as a responder. Drag the device into the scene where it's a controller, first. Then add the device to the other scenes. You may want to test the scenes at this point. If all is well, delete the old device.

It is only a member of one scene and already documented above.

apostolakisl

Is the ISY without Membership on 5.0 Alpha? That has been noted on the Alpha.

Yes, thank you for confirming that I am not crazy in thinking the membership tree used to exist on all devices.

Archived