ISY 99i/ir will not link

Kenneth_v

I have tried for hours to get the ISY 99i/ir to link to a lamplink 2457d2. it comes up with the linking in progress screen but when I click the finish button, nothing happens. no status bar comes up at all.

I am running firmware 3.3.10 in the ISY

admin console 4.2.30

I cant figure out what is going wrong

This unit hasn't been used for a couple of years due to a flicker with the LED lights I have in my house but I want to get this running again. so I unboxed it, did the upgrade to the 3.3.10 with no problems. it is connected to the plm, had an IP address, just will not link. 

What am I doing wrong?

Although using 4.3.10 Admin Console for my 994i I just added a 2457D2 to my old 3.3.10.

I did have to hold Set button longer than popup suggested, about 10 seconds or so before the 2457D2 showed up in the Event Viewer trace I was running to see what commands were used.

Try moving LampLinc next to PLM.

I would suggest moving to a 994i.  I have the old 99i with 3.3.10 from many years ago before moving to my 994i.  There are several devices that 3.3.10 does not understand as they did not exist at  the time.

The error 'not being able to determine Insteon engine' indicates the first command sent to the LampLinc did not get a response.  The fact that it worked eventually would indicate a comm issue.

I would suggest moving to a 994i.  I have the old 99i with 3.3.10 from many years ago before moving to my 994i.  There are several devices that 3.3.10 does not understand as they did not exist at  the time.

The error 'not being able to determine Insteon engine' indicates the first command sent to the LampLinc did not get a response.  The fact that it worked eventually would indicate a comm issue.

Shouldn't he be running the same admin console as firmware version?  Or does this make a difference?

Jon...

"Is the garage door control kit 74551 compatible with the 99i/ir?"

I doubt it although not certain.   The I/O Linc is now an I2CS device which I doubt is handled by image 3.3.10.  I think Smarthome will take it back in the first few weeks so there is not much to lose except your time.

Archived