iOS 9 and Remote (HTTPS) Access PSA

InsteonNut

Hi all,

If you are a direct IP user of MobiLinc on iOS 9, please note that Apple removed support in iOS 9 for older (insecure) ciphers/handshake methods in HTTPS. The supported handshake methods are TLS 1.0 and above. 

In order to allow iOS 9 to handshake with the ISY over HTTPS, the ISY must be running firmware 4.2.30 or later and configured through the ISY Dashboard to support TLS 1.0 or above.

Please note that MobiLinc Connect users are not impacted by this change to iOS 9 as MobiLinc Connect and the ISY already support industry best practices for HTTPS communication and is compatible with iOS 9.

Wes

Should be mentioned - this change also formally means the older ISY99i (which cannot be upgraded beyond the 3.x version) is now not able to be connected to at all over HTTPS from mobile devices. (This is not only an IOS change - Google made the same change to Android with 5.0).

So, if users have a ISY99i and need HTTPS access - they will need to take advantage of UDI's generous upgrade offer to upgrade to a 994i - or just subscribe to Mobilinc Connect!

• 3 weeks later...

Just recently my MobilLinc HD stop working on my Iphone 6S Plus 9.0.2 and on my Ipad Mini 7.1.4. 

I have ISY994i with PLM with firmware 4.2.30 with TLS 1.1 standard.  It was working fine for the past 2 years or so. 

Should I upgrade my firmware to the latest beta?

What should I do?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Hi Mikeyngo,

Please send me the following to: support@mobilinc.com

1. If you are using MobiLinc Connect (your UUID) or if you are using a direct IP address.

2. If direct IP, please first verify and confirm the settings MobiLinc->Settings->Lighting Controller match your ISY's Admin Console->Configuration tab.

Wes

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mitch236,

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you to try. As far as we are aware and confirmed through testing, 9.1 doesn't change how the widget works. It should work the same as under 9.0.2.

Can you clarify what sporadically means and how I can reproduce the issue?

Wes

Sorry for the late reply.  When I click on the widget, the background of the circle gets whitish but the outer red circle never turns green.  If I open the app and wait for it to sync, then I can tap on the icon in the app and it works.  Maybe it's my local network at my house.  I'll check that.

Archived