ISY and Integrated Stereo Amplifier

Techman

Some people have had good success controlling Sonos equipment, and I know Sonos has a discrete amplifier module (designed to connect to your own speakers - and accepting either a RCA stereo or an optical input). Don't know if this is the kind of thing you are after though....

I also know some receivers now have a network interface that can be used to control them as well.

In both cases, you'll need the network module on ISY.

Some people have had good success controlling Sonos equipment, and I know Sonos has a discrete amplifier module (designed to connect to your own speakers - and accepting either a RCA stereo or an optical input). Don't know if this is the kind of thing you are after though....

I also know some receivers now have a network interface that can be used to control them as well.

In both cases, you'll need the network module on ISY.

I have stand alone tuners so I really just need an amplifier. All my equipment is stacked so I'd like to find an Amp that aesthetically works with my stack. My old amp is starting to fail after many years of service. I'd like to primarily control the on/off and volume functions.  I control the on/off function of my existing amp using an on/off module. Some of the newer amps use digital switching and once you remove power they have to be manually turned back on.  My tuners are controlled via the network module in the ISY. I'll take a look at Sonos but I don't think they have a stackable amp.

Archived