Motions sensor settings help needed.

EricK

I am reconfiguring a motion sensor to eliminate a program and hopefully all on events.  What I want to happen is if you go into the laundry room, any time of day, the lights turn on. They should turn off if no motion is sensed for 10 minutes. Any motion should reset the 10 minutes. The MS is set as a controller of the laundry room lights scene.

1. Can you explain the time out.  I suspect this means that after the 10 minute time out the lights will turn off.

2. What about sensing mode, do I want this checked or unchecked.  If it is checked I think the every time the MS detects motion the time out is reset.  If it is unchecked I think the lights will turn off in 10 minutes.

3. What about night mode, I think I want it checked. 

Thanks,

Eric

post-4177-0-17102700-1442451993_thumb.jpg

Timeout affect depends on other settings.

Sensing mode: checked - MS sends an On command for each motion detected.  Starts new Timeout interval

On Only mode: checked - MS sends On and Off commands - Off command when Timeout expires

Night mode: checked - MS functions regardless of ambient light

With the options as posted the MS will Timeout only when no motion sensed for 10 minutes; the MS sends an Off command when Timeout expires because no motion sensed;  MS operates all day

EDIT: no Program is required

1.  The time out will not send an OFF command is you have it configured to send only ON commands. It looks like the second check box needs unchecked for this to be the case. Once unchecked, it will not turn off the lights for which it is controller. If you uncheck that box, however, you will need a program to turn OFF the lights, but not to turn them ON.

2.  Yes, you want that checked (first box).  You want the sensor to send ON commands upon any sensing of motion.  You do NOT want to wait for the time-out period.

3.  The third box looks correct to me.

Set jumper No.5 On (two pins) and the rest off (One pin).   Now the MS can be totally set by ISY

The option to time out is to save batteries. Turn it Off or your MS will be blind for a few minutes each time motion is detected.

Put the MS into Linking mode !

Create a scene, give it a name,  and drag your MS and SwitchLinc or LampLinc onto the scene making the MS the only controller to the scene.

Take the MS out of Linking mode!

Now the MS and the  light controller are linked as if they were wired together with a cable. No ISY required.

Use a program like this.

MudRm Lights.auto - [iD 0067][Parent 0066]

If
        'Mudroom / Motion.MudRm' is switched On

Then

Wait  10 minutes
        Run Program 'MudRm Lights.auto' (Else Path)

Else

Set Scene 'Mudroom / Passthrough' Off

Every time an On signal is received from the MS the timer is rest and starts over.

Thanks guys.  I have it set like the pic and it appears to be working fine.  Larry, the reason I do not want a program is because my pantry MS triggered an all on event.  Otherwise the program gives more control because you can use the time out to prevent the MS from sending the scene on when the lights are already on.  This reduces traffic and maybe saves battery life.

Timeout affect depends on other settings.

Sensing mode: checked - MS sends an On command for each motion detected.  Starts new Timeout interval

On Only mode: checked - MS sends On and Off commands - Off command when Timeout expires

Night mode: checked - MS functions regardless of ambient light

With the options as posted the MS will Timeout only when no motion sensed for 10 minutes; the MS sends an Off command when Timeout expires because no motion sensed;  MS operates all day

EDIT: no Program is required

1.  The time out will not send an OFF command is you have it configured to send only ON commands. It looks like the second check box needs unchecked for this to be the case. Once unchecked, it will not turn off the lights for which it is controller. If you uncheck that box, however, you will need a program to turn OFF the lights, but not to turn them ON.

2.  Yes, you want that checked (first box).  You want the sensor to send ON commands upon any sensing of motion.  You do NOT want to wait for the time-out period.

3.  The third box looks correct to me.

Archived