who makes oven vent hoods?

sloop

my mom has an oven vent hood above her wall ovens - its probably 40 years old and has never had a problem - you pull the door open and it exhausts the heat and odor that rise from the ovens - miami carey made it but seems to have gone out of business

i have not found anyone that makes them - anyone know where i can find one?

welp - this search ain't going so well - so i looks like i will have to make my own

which might not be as difficult as it seems if i could modify an existing product - someone pointed me to this product

http://www.ventahood.com/hoodmodels.jsp?id=18

made to be used over a cooktop or range - (broan makes a similar product) - the front panel pulls out about 8 inches to form a visor that could capture the rising heat - the unit would be mounted into the cabinet above the oven and be flush when the visor is closed

http://www.ventahood.com/images/docs/ti ... ations.pdf

vent-a-hood is located a few miles from my house so i called and talked with a representative - evidently the unit is not 'approved for display' and is not in high demand (they don't have orders for any) - but they gave me the phone number of an installer that might be willing to help

these are some of my concerns

heat - probably not a problem - i could have it mounted a few inches above the upper oven instead of directly atop if necessary

cleaning - i'd prefer a remote mounted fan but would probably have to use the internal 'magic lung' blower - it has no filter but the housing 'snaps apart' for cleaning in the dishwasher - i'd have to make a provision to access it - maybe the visor could be opened wider than 8 inches when i need to access the parts that need cleaning (but i would have to do something about the custom panel along the top)

safty nazi feature - most hoods will turn on if heat is too high - the description does not say this one will - if it does, i'd have to defeat that since the visor might be closed when it 'saved' me

fluorescent light - i don't do them - i'm thinking i could mount some halogen lights on the visor but would need a method to have them turn off when the visor is closed - might not be a problem if the hood has an existing switch to turn off the fan when the visor is closed

enclosing the range opening on the bottom - probably not a difficult obstacle - since they fabricate the sheet metal, they might work with me on that

seems that should work for the wall ovens - what am i missing?

the faster we sovle this problem, the faster we can move on to the lift oven vent

Archived