Unable to add Motion Sensor

eyost

Hi all,

I am attempting to add an Insteon Motion Sensor (2842-222; 3413 rev 2.4). I was able to successfully add a Leak Sensor yesterday and am attempting to add the motion sensor at the physically same location. 

I went about the process as outlined in the Wiki page but still am running into difficulties.

I do have older Access Points (2443), do I need to purchase newer ones that handle RF?

Any thoughts on the best way to add a motion sensor?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed

Move Motion Sensor near 2413S PLM

Manually put motion sensor into linking mode

Using New INSTEON Device enter Motion Sensor Insteon address, Name of choice, use Auto Discover

Click Ok

Thanks Lee,

I did a factory reset on the unit and now I am able to link it. After linking it, shouldn't I see some status?

Thanks again,

Ed

Thanks Lee,

I did a factory reset on the unit and now I am able to link it. After linking it, shouldn't I see some status?

Thanks again,

Ed

Make sure you have tapped the button two more times after the linking mode, to get back to normal operation.

When you tap the linking button you should see the status toggle On and Off.

Also

by tapping the button quickly 5 times you should see the current Dark / Light sensing status. You will need to do this is a darka dn light area. Give the MS about 5-10 seconds to adjust before it will send a change using this method.  Normal dark/light status changes take about 5 minutes.

Until the MS sends something, ISY should show blanks and has no way to know what the status of the MS is.

Make sure you have tapped the button two more times after the linking mode, to get back to normal operation.

When you tap the linking button you should see the status toggle On and Off.

Also

by tapping the button quickly 5 times you should see the current Dark / Light sensing status. You will need to do this is a darka dn light area. Give the MS about 5-10 seconds to adjust before it will send a change using this method.  Normal dark/light status changes take about 5 minutes.

Until the MS sends something, ISY should show blanks and has no way to know what the status of the MS is.

Excellent; I think I have it now.

Now, if I can only figure it the Garage Door Status Kit and the I/O link.

Thanks again.

Ed

Archived