Status is not updating on Insteon I/O Linc

eyost

Hi all,

I just added an Insteon I/O Linc to my ISY to check the status of a garage door and while it was successfully added to the ISY for some reason the status is not being updated; it always shows 'On'. I can control the relay from the ISY so that tells me there is some communication going on.

When I move the magnet next to the sensor of the I/O I don't see any change in the green status light on the I/O linc; I would assume I should?

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Ed

If using the magnetic switch that came with the garage kit the Green LED should be On when the magnet is next to the switch.  Test the I/O Linc using a short piece of wire connected between   Sensor and GND connection points.  Green LED should be On.

If that does not happen I/O Linc is defective.  That is unlikely.   More than likely a wiring or connection issue with magnetic switch or magnet not close enough to switch. 

If using the magnetic switch that came with the garage kit the Green LED should be On when the magnet is next to the switch.  Test the I/O Linc using a short piece of wire connected between   Sensor and GND connection points.  Green LED should be On.

If that does not happen I/O Linc is defective.  That is unlikely.   More than likely a wiring or connection issue with magnetic switch or magnet not close enough to switch. 

Lee to the rescue again.  :-P

O.K., I think I am losing my mind. I left all of this and got something to eat and now when I came back the green led is off until I move the magnet close to the sensor. So that part is working.

Catch is the ISY is always showing 'Off' on the sensor. Shouldn't it update based upon the status of the I/O?

Thanks again!

Ed

Lee to the rescue again.  :-P

I'm not sure if I am following you. the green LED is on no matter what. The kit was pre-wired and I just connected the white sensor to the open ends on the run of wire that was pre-wired.

You think it is defective?

Need to isolate the I/O Link from everything else.

If you disconnect all wiring does the green LED go out?

What options do you have on from the ISY status page? Select Option A so input and output are not logically connected.

Were you connected sensor to ground?

Need to isolate the I/O Link from everything else.

If you disconnect all wiring does the green LED go out?

What options do you have on from the ISY status page? Select Option A so input and output are not logically connected.

Were you connected sensor to ground?

Sorry Lee, your response was sent before I found for some reason the status on the I/O is now updating; the green led goes off and comes on when the magnet is close by.

I tried Option A but the ISY still shows 'Off'

Sorry Lee, your response was sent before I found for some reason the status on the I/O is now updating; the green led goes off and comes on when the magnet is close by.

I tried Option A but the ISY still shows 'Off'

Larry :)

Have you tried a Factory Reset and the Restore from ISY?

Archived