converting 8 button to 6 button KPL

baabm

A long time ago, I had converted an 8 button KPL to a six button KPL. I removed it from the house it was in and reinstalled it in my new home. I started having trouble with it and decided to do a factory reset (forgetting that it was once an 8 button device) which obviously changed it back to an 8 button device. I am wondering if there is a way to convert it back to a 6 button using the ISY or do I have to convert it back using the manual linking mode ?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I just did this myself, it's very easy.  Here's from the KeypadLinc manual (http://cache.insteon.com/pdf/2486D.pdf)

Changing Between 6 and 8 Button Configurations Changing to 6-Button Configuration 1) Replace the 8-button plate with the 6-button plate - Attach the change-out plate to the switch body by aligning the tabs and snapping into place 2) Gently pull the Set button out as far as it will go 3) Wait 10 seconds 4) While simultaneously holding the On and Off buttons, carefully push the Set button back in, flush with the trim frame 5) Once the Set button is pushed in, continue holding the On and Off buttons for 3 seconds, and then release KeypadLinc will (Beep) KeypadLinc is now in 6 Button Mode

Changing to 8-Button Configuration 1) Replace the 6-button plate with the 8-button plate - Attach the change-out plate to the switch body by aligning the tabs and snapping into place 2) Gently pull the Set button out as far as it will go 3) Wait 10 seconds 4) While simultaneously holding the On/Off (upper left-most) button and the H button, carefully press the Set button back in flush with the trim frame 5) Once the Set button is pushed in, continue holding the On/Off button and H buttons for 3 seconds, and then release KeypadLinc will (Beep) KeypadLinc is now in 8 Button Mode

It's weird that you can't change it in the ISY since it's possible to do it from a controller.  Indigo lets you change them on it without having to do any of the above.

Archived