MobiLinc (Android) 2.0.7 now supports Variables!

InsteonNut

Hi Folks,

We just released MobiLinc (Android) 2.0.7 to Google Play and our own key licensed users. 2.0.7 now includes Integer and Variable support under the "Programs" section of MobiLinc. 

To set the Value or Initial Value of the Integer or Variable, tap the row to set.

The update is immediately available to our license key users by opening up MobiLinc and going to My Settings->Check for Updates.

For Google Play users, the update will roll out via the Google Play servers over the next 24 hours. 

Wes

Thank you,

thank you!!

Requesting some more icons

Battery with normal and discharged slash out

Pump... Well and/or sump style

Ventilation fan icon got changed?

Heartbeat icon

Just updated and now receiving a sync error! It is saying that it is unable to connect to my ISY. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Robert

Did you try resyncing your ISY under the settings menu? You may have made changes to programs, scenes and/or variables since the last sync.

Yes I did. I even tried restarting everything. But it will not sync up.

Robert

You have a Samsung Android phone?

Turn off the WiFi or the autoswitch option under WiFi config.. Most apps start deciding to use WiFi or mobile. If  things change they can't follow or if they detect WiFi is On  they assume you are at home and use that IP address.

Hi Robert,

Just updated and now receiving a sync error! It is saying that it is unable to connect to my ISY. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Connection errors almost always means there's a mismatch in your settings somewhere. If you are unable to figure it out, please send me the following to support@mobilinc.com:

- Admin Console->Configuration Tab.

- Screenshot of your MobiLinc->My Settings->Lighting Controller page.

- Screenshot of your router's port forward page (if not using MobiLinc Connect).

- The results of going to: https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=what+is+my+ip(if not using MobiLinc Connect)

Wes

io_guy,

Will this be available for BB10 as well, or can a switch for a license key?

Please send me your BB10 email receipt to support@mobilinc.com and we'll see what we can do.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 2.0.7. I use secure connections and manual port forwarding in my setup (not "Connect"). I was unable to sync with the update. The fix was to specify the ISY port (LAN side) in my port-forward setup in my router. Previously, the port on the WAN side (incoming) would pass through unchanged to the LAN, if the port on the LAN side was blank/not specified.

Additionally, due to my employers "autolock of the smartphone" when the screen turns off, I had to keep the screen lit up while the Sync was happening. If I let the phone lock, the sync failed. Android OS (Samsung S6 Edge).

Works now!

Note: Admittedly the port issue could have been a change in the router firmware, as both MobiLink and the router firmware were updated in the last 10 days.

• 1 month later...

Thank you,

thank you!!

Requesting some more icons

Battery with normal and discharged slash out

Pump... Well and/or sump style

Ventilation fan icon got changed?

Heartbeat icon

I second this, but my wishlist goes on and on and on. The sad thing is, many of my wishes are already fulfilled on iOS.

I did the five day trial of Mobilinc, and was less than impressed. It would be one thing if the software as a whole was in the development process, but I've seen the iOS version, and it feels as though Android is neglected. To add insult to injury, its the same price.

The five-day trial counter should reset for each new update. I like the way this software is shaping up, but when it comes to spending money on this software (well above the price of the average android app), I would have to see drastic improvement, which I never will, because my trial has expired.

I've started developing my own app through Tasker and found it to be not too difficult. It is meeting my needs for now.

Do you guys have any roadmap on how you plan to improve the release schedule of the android fork of this software?

Hi Pacificwing, 

The five-day trial counter should reset for each new update.

With each new version the trial period is reset to another 5 days.

Do you guys have any roadmap on how you plan to improve the release schedule of the android fork of this software?

Yes, but it's internal only. We can't comment publicly on possible future features or releases.

Wes

• 5 months later...

Archived