Controlling scene's

FarmerGeek

I can't get the dashboard to control scenes.  I created a scene, turns on all the driveway lights, assigned a button on a UD switch.  I can control the scene from the switch or from the admin console but not from the dashboard.  How do I control the scene from the dashboard?

Not sure of the situation.   Is it that Scenes are not displayed (use third Icon at top left of Dashboard window),  the Scene On does not turn on device (under Admin Console use Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3 to see Insteon commands), something else.

post-707-0-97257900-1443969635_thumb.jpg

I can't get the dashboard to control scenes.  I created a scene, turns on all the driveway lights, assigned a button on a UD switch.  I can control the scene from the switch or from the admin console but not from the dashboard.  How do I control the scene from the dashboard?

Hello Farmer,

In your device table, use an entry like this:

{ name : "DeviceControlledByScene", control:"Scene", refreshOpt:"Yes" }, 

"Scene" would be the name of your Scene.

"DeviceControlledByScene" would be a device in your scene used to display the status, since scenes themselves do not have a status.

The purpose of refreshOpt:"Yes" is to tell HAD that whenever the user presses On or Off on that scene, it should refresh that device status. Otherwise, the default is to update all devices.

Benoit.

Not sure of the situation.   Is it that Scenes are not displayed (use third Icon at top left of Dashboard window),  the Scene On does not turn on device (under Admin Console use Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3 to see Insteon commands), something else.

Hello Lee,

I think he meant the Home Automation Dashboard (HAD), not the ISY dashboard,

Benoit

Archived