Leak Sensor Current State?

eyost

Hi all,

I have installed five leak sensors and all of them are not showing a current state. I would have thought that if it has not detected a leak that the Wet would be Off and the Dry would be On. Or, am I mistaken on this or maybe I didn't install them correctly?

Thanks all for any help.

Ed

If you have current versions of the sensors then they should show the DRY node as on, and WET node as off. Once wet is activated you'll need to manually press the set button on the sensor to reset it.

If you tap the set button the current state should show in the ISY. Are you sure you have good communications between the sensors and the ISY?

place the sensor on a wet paper towel to see if the wet node displays as on

If you have current versions of the sensors then they should show the DRY node as on, and WET node as off. Once wet is activated you'll need to manually press the set button on the sensor to reset it.

If you tap the set button the current state should show in the ISY. Are you sure you have good communications between the sensors and the ISY?

place the sensor on a wet paper towel to see if the wet node displays as on

Thanks for the reply. I tapped the button on each one and now the state is updated. I guess I thought that the state would be updated the moment they were added.

BTW, after the device is added I notice the light continues to flash until I tap the button twice. Is this the normal way to exit out of adding the device?

Ed

That's what I thought. After adding these, the current state on all of them is nothing at all, just blank. When I tap the button I can see the ISY flash as I am testing them right next to it. 

Maybe I added these incorrectly? I pressed and held down the button the Leak Sensor until it flashed. On the ISY I used the Link Management/Add New Insteon Device and entered the device ID and selected Leak Sensor. It added it and then I tapped the button on the leak sensor twice to get the light to stop flashing.

It's weird as I now have one device out of the five that is showing the current state.

Ed

Delete them from the ISY then add them back one at a time. Put the sensor in linking mode, select new Insteon device in the ISY and plug in the address

You can only have one RF device in the linking mode at a time,

Thanks for the reply. I tapped the button on each one and now the state is updated. I guess I thought that the state would be updated the moment they were added.

BTW, after the device is added I notice the light continues to flash until I tap the button twice. Is this the normal way to exit out of adding the device?

Ed

When in the linking mode the device will time out after about 4 minutes, or you can tap the set button.

Oh one other thing. What is the Leak Sensor heart beat and will it ever show a status?

The heartbeat will send out a signal once every 24 hours. The older units send an alternating On/Off and the new ones, apparently, send out an On signal only every 24 hours.

Here is the program I use to detect  the missing heartbeat. I use the negative else section for normal and the Then section as the fail so that it shows in the admin console as red and green respectively and the title equates to positive logic.

Leak.LowBatt.Util - [iD 0064][Parent 000E]

If

'Utility Room / Util Leak.heartbeat' is not switched On

And 'Utility Room / Util Leak.heartbeat' is not switched Off   <---doesn't matter if it comes or not on new units.

Then

$sLeak_LowBatt.room  = $cROOM.UTILITY    <---keeps a list of lowbatt units for when I get home

$sLeak.UtilityRm  = $cLEAK.LOWBATT       <----defined as 1

$sAlarm.level  = 1                                         <-----dings a BuzzLinc at Stu's house :)

Send Notification to 'Text  Larry'

Send Notification to 'eMail Larry'

Else

$sLeak.UtilityRm  = $cLEAK.DRY                <-----defined as 0

Wait  25 hours

Run Program 'Leak.LowBatt.Util' (Then Path)

This  also requires a program call on power up that looks like this

Reboot and Initialise - [iD 0040][Parent 0006][Run At Startup]

If

$ISY_Initialised is 0

Then

Wait  10 seconds

Set Scene 'ISY' Query

Wait  50 seconds

Run Program 'MS.LowBatt.AftBR' (Else Path)

..... (many more)

Run Program 'MS.LowBatt.Util' (Else Path)

Run Program 'Leak.LowBatt.HVAC' (Else Path)  <--- initialises four leak heartbeat programs

Run Program 'Leak.LowBatt.Kitchen' (Else Path)

Run Program 'Leak.LowBatt.MudRm' (Else Path)

Run Program 'Leak.LowBatt.Util' (Else Path)

Run Program 'WC8  Heartbeat.fail' (Then Path)

Wait  2 seconds

Run Program 'Set MMDD' (Then Path)

Wait  5 seconds

Send Notification to 'Text  Larry' content 'ISY Rebooted'

Wait  3 seconds

Send Notification to 'eMail Larry' content 'ISY Rebooted'

Wait  3 seconds

$ISY_Initialised  = $cLogTRUE

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Archived