Simple (I think) keypad question

Pglaeser

Good Afternoon, 

I recently moved into a new home and find my self starting from near zero on my isy/programming skills.  

My question: 

I have a keypad that isn't behaving the way I want it to.  

I have a scene that includes a lamp module (responder) and keypad (controller).  I also have another scene with the opposite (in case the lamp is turned on in a different scene).  If I turn on the lamp through the admin console the keypad button lights up and the button will turn the scene off.  However, if I use the keypad to turn on the scene the button blinks a few times then nothing happens.  

...see attached image below

Am I missing something simple? 

Cheers, 

Phillip 

post-3740-0-36557400-1444238086_thumb.png

All my keypad buttons flash when I press them and they aren't linked to anything. The 2-3 flashes after any keypress is built in to the device and not related to scenes,  communications or ISY programs.

Are you thinking the flashing indicates they aren't linked to the scene?  How would it be possible that they would turn the scene off (and indicate it's on) but not turn them on?  

Are you thinking the flashing indicates they aren't linked to the scene?  How would it be possible that they would turn the scene off (and indicate it's on) but not turn them on?  

No. I am saying the flashing of the LED doesn't indicate anything, except you pressed that button, and is not a debugging tool.

Scenes do not detect  a device is operated from anywhere. They only detect signals from the devices that are controllers defined in that scene. Something has to initiate every scene.

Random devices, not in a scene, operating a device, that is in that scene, do not activate that scene.

Click on the KPL Primary node.  Click the Buttons Toggle Mode button on bottom of right side display.  Assuming you want the buttons to work in Toggle mode, click the All Toggle button. 

@LeeG

Thanks for the suggestion.  Worked like a charm.  

Archived