Suitable Replacement

smokegrub

I would like to replace an Outdoor Module (2634-222) with an On/Off Module (2635-222). After I linked the On/ff module I Control-Clicked; Mac) the Outdoor Module and the Replace option did not appear. Before I start chasing this, is the On/Off Module an approved replacement?

I didn't think so, but before I started needlessly "chasing my tail" I decided to check with the forum.

Do you have lots of programs tied to that device? Also, is there a reason you intend to switch out an interior device for a outdoor rated one?

Thanks all. The reason for the desired change-out is that I have a SynchroLinc plugged into the Outdoor Module in a cellar location. My problem is that the design of the Outdoor Module is such that the SynchroLinc will only partially plug into it making a fragile connection. If I have to, I will simply modify my few programs to incorporate the replacement device.

Thanks all. The reason for the desired change-out is that I have a SynchroLinc plugged into the Outdoor Module in a cellar location. My problem is that the design of the Outdoor Module is such that the SynchroLinc will only partially plug into it making a fragile connection. If I have to, I will simply modify my few programs to incorporate the replacement device.

Why would the synchrolinc not be before the outdoor module? That way, your not cutting it off from power when the outdoor module is off - causing it to fail to respond in the ISY?

Could you not simply switch them around and put the synchrolinc before the outdoor module?

I will assess that option tomorrow.

Why would the synchrolinc not be before the outdoor module? That way, your not cutting it off from power when the outdoor module is off - causing it to fail to respond in the ISY?

Could you not simply switch them around and put the synchrolinc before the outdoor module?

Archived