Restore device

StarRider

Hi all.

When I right click on a device to restore it, ISY restores all devices.  With remotes and motion sensors this becomes a problem, as you need to click the OK button to get past the them.

Is there a way to force ISY to restore only the device you want to retore?

Thanks.

A Restore Device targets only that one device.  However, it sounds like there are pending updates for other devices that will be attempted after the Restore Device completes.

This additional activity can be temporarily avoided by marking the pending devices Disabled.  Then one battery device can be put into linking mode and the device marked Enabled.  When that device completes move to the next device. 

Firmware: v.4.3.26

UI: v.4.2.30

The only pending updates are for the remotes and motion sensor, as expected. The PLM is the original, which is close to 4 years old. Been lucky with that, I think.

This started about a year ago, when I restored all devices from the file menu. After that, when I try to restore a single device, ISY restores all devices.

Only one battery device can be manually put into linking mode at a time.  Trying to do multiple battery devices at the same time will link the battery devices together.  Also a battery device times out of manual linking mode in 4 minutes.

I'm more concerned why every KPL, SwitchLinc, ToggleLinc, etc would be restored each time.

I had a similar problem with Restore PLM and v5.0.2 beta.

I had a hard time getting any one device to restore. ISY was so tied up with the loop, the individual device restore would not activate. I had to keep resetting the linking mode in the device each time the linking mode would timeout and hope that ISY would try to link to that device. This ranged from five to twenty minutes of hoping to hit the restore loop sequence right for each of dozens of battery devices. The loop does get faster as the number of devices goes down.

If I had more devices I believe my ISY would have needed to be factory reset and started from scratch .

Try allowing one device to link in at a time by repeatedly putting it in linking mode until ISYs timing coincides with the device and it suceeds.

larryllix, did as you suggested. Damn that took forever, but it worked. I can now restore a single device as needed.

Another question. Is there a way to disable updating battery powered devices so I can 'Restore Devices' from the file tab? Once in a while after a power outage, this is a convenient feature.

Archived