If condition - status of scene?

to_lighter

Hi everyone!

I have a scene that contains all of my lights, which is programatically set to off by various buttons in the house. I also have a program that sets the LED of the "All Off" buttons based on the status of all of the lights (i.e. if all lights are all off, then Off, otherwise On). The code is lengthy, given the number of lights, and if I add a switch then I have to remember to add it to the scene, and then to the programs as well.

Is there a way to check the status of a scene? For example, check the status of my "All Lights" scene to see if it is Off (presuming that the Off result would occur only when all the lights in the scene were off)?

Cheers!

We had a great discussion about this when the forum began. It was pretty much decided that it would be impossible to implement with 21st century technology during the estimated life of the solar system so it's been shelved.

You could use one program to check the status of the lights to use as a Boolean value (True/False) in other programs.

Rand

• 4 weeks later...

to_lighter -

Your "all off program" ( I also have a program that sets the LED of the "All Off" buttons based on the status of all of the lights (i.e. if all lights are all off, then Off, otherwise On)) is exactly what I have been trying to do, but have been bogged down in the programming. If not too much trouble, would you be so kind as to post or PM the commands you used? No need to list all the lights, just a couple as an example.

Thanks!!

Al Zulich

ISY Newbie

to_lighter -

Your "all off program" ( I also have a program that sets the LED of the "All Off" buttons based on the status of all of the lights (i.e. if all lights are all off, then Off, otherwise On)) is exactly what I have been trying to do, but have been bogged down in the programming. If not too much trouble, would you be so kind as to post or PM the commands you used? No need to list all the lights, just a couple as an example.

Thanks!!

Al Zulich

ISY Newbie

Hi Al,

I didn't program anything too fancy.

I have three scenes that I use to turn off all the lights. One contains all of my lights, one all but the basement (I don't want to turn off the basement lights when I have guests over), and one that has all but the outside lights. I have set a button on a few of my 8-button KPLs to control the All Lights Off event. I was afraid of inadvertent clicks (or intentionally - we have small kids over from time to time), so I programmed it to respond to double clicks (Fast On/Off). The single click ON/OFF event does nothing. Depending on the time of day, the Fast On/Off will set either the All Lights scene to OFF (daytime), or the All Lights Except For Basement and Outside scene to OFF (nighttime). Push and hold (which triggers Brighten/Dim/Fade) sets the All Lights scene to OFF (this allows me the option to turn absolutely everything off).

I also have a scene populated by the buttons themselves, which allows me to turn on and off the LEDs for these buttons. I have it set up so that if all the lights in the house are off, then the LEDs are off. If any light in the house is on, the LED is on.

The programming is straightforward (this is by memory so the syntax may not be correct):

(If Kitchen Button H is set Fast ON

or if Kitchen Button H is set Fast OFF

or if Front Door Button H is set Fast ON

or if Front Door Button H is set Fast OFF)

AND between sunrise and sunset (same day)

THEN

Set Scene All Lights OFF

ELSE

(blank)

Checking the status is a pain.

If Light 1 is OFF

AND light 2 is OFF

AND light 3 is OFF

etc etc etc

AND light 100000 is OFF

THEN

Set scene All lights off LEDs OFF

ELSE

Set scene All lights off LEDs ON

Cheers!

Whoops, forgot one other thing. I didn't want the area by the front or back door to be plunged into darkness, so I removed those lights from the All Lights scene. They are set to OFF individually after a 15 second delay.

Ex.

THEN

Set Scene All Lights Off

Wait 15 seconds

Set Mudroom Light Off

Set Front Door Pots Off

This gives people 15 seconds to find their keys, get on their jacket etc and get out the door before those lights go out.

Cheers!

to_lighter -

(If Kitchen Button H is set Fast ON

or if Kitchen Button H is set Fast OFF

or if Front Door Button H is set Fast ON

or if Front Door Button H is set Fast OFF)

AND between sunrise and sunset (same day)

THEN

Set Scene All Lights OFF

ELSE

(blank)

Cheers!

Whoops. This is not how you do it. You can't put the AND Sunset to Sunrise into the program. Any check of time has to be entered as the condition of a folder, then place the lights off check program into that folder.

Cheers!

Archived