Another 3-way question

Gouldc

It's always a good idea to not close everything up until everything has been tested. Enjoy you new virtual 3-way configuration B)

Funny thing,

It can be so complicated undoing the complexities of a three-way switching arrangement by wire colours, to make three-way wiring so simple, with Insteon communications.

Creating a simple On or Off  OR logic works so much simpler than mechanical switches, one has to toggle to the opposite side, after you study the initial  position of the switch. Then there is no absolute status indicator by switch position to start with, as you approach, and only by the lamp around the corner where you can't see it, or even know it belongs to that switch.

Yay Insteon HA!

Sometimes simplicity scares us. I was on the phone with my father last night as well. Although he is not a licensed electrician he is very accomplished in the area. He took him a very long time to accept that the control signalling between the switches is accomplished through logic, not a hard wire. He kept referencing 3-way wiring diagrams online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Inston signal travels primarily through a hard wire and has RF as a backup. But, control is via logic circuits.

My dad gave great advice. I didn't always think so at the time, but the older I got the wiser he became B)

Archived