MobliLinc non-Connect Nofications

memphis2k

Hello,

I removed and re-downloaded MobliLinc v4.7 for my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.1) and when I re-installed it, I don't have the notifications listed in the iOS Settings app anymore.  My iPad and wife's iPhone are still working fine with the notifications but since I re-installed the app, they are gone.  I have done an iCloud wipe & restore and still not working.

I have a feeling they have been disabled and now a perons has to pay for MobliLinc Connect to get them back?  Is this true?  Kind of ridiculous if thats the case.

All I want is the notification for Geo-fence boundary crossing like I had before.  Turned off that notification option and turned back on.  Still no go.  MobliLinc app never prompted to Allow Notifications.

Hi memphis2k,

Notifications are a feature of MobiLinc Connect. To get these back on your iPhone please log back into your MobiLinc Connect account:

- Open MobiLinc and go to Settings->Lighting Controller->Host Type and select "MobiLinc Connect"

- Select "I Already Have an Account"

- Enter in your MobiLinc Connect account settings and tap Log-In.

Once logged in your MobiLinc Connect notifications are all listed under Settings->Notification Settings.

Wes

Wes,

I now have the following notation on both my iPad Air2 and iPhone 6 "MobiLinc Disconnected  Attempting to reconnect to ISY".  Both devices indicate that I am registered.  Both are ver 4.7 with the 4.3.26 on the ISY.

I followed your protocol above.  But, the syncing goes no further than "Retrieving Configuration".

Any other instructions?

Thanks.

Harold

• 1 month later...

I replaced my ISY99i today with an ISY994i. All went well. Now my MobiLinc Pro gives me constant "MobiLinc disconnected. Attempting to reconnect to ISY" messages. I had installed the ISY and current firmware and all works fine. Previously, MobiLinc has worked flawlessly for months and months. I rebooted the ISY. No joy. Any suggestions?

Terry

Thanks larryllix. I am using Automatic DHCP and my IP address is slightly different than previously. I don't think I changed it however.

I am not well-versed in the configuration stuff. Is that mapped out on the Wiki site?

The insteon devices work fine from the Admin Console. They are all responsive and the Program ran fine last night. I just don't have my MobiLinc PRO control.

Terry

Are you using MobiLinc Connect, or direct connection? If mobilinc connect, then you will need to contact Wes and move it to your new UUID. If direct, then you will need to change the IP address in mobilinc to match the new address, and configure your router dhcp to always give it the same IP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Jimbo. It's MobiLinc PRO. I don't believe it is Connect but don't remember what I signed up for. I can't find a way to change IP address in my ML Pro settings. My UUID remained unchanged after upgrading to ISY994i.

Found in settings; MobiLinc Connect.

Thanks larryllix. I am using Automatic DHCP and my IP address is slightly different than previously. I don't think I changed it however.

I am not well-versed in the configuration stuff. Is that mapped out on the Wiki site?

The insteon devices work fine from the Admin Console. They are all responsive and the Program ran fine last night. I just don't have my MobiLinc PRO control.

Terry

This definitely sounds like you IP address has changed.

To maintain the same IP address on your LAN the best way is to use DHCP on the ISY (you have) and then access your router and look for a DHCP reservation table. This uses the MAC address of devices to assign an individual IP address to anything that requests it from your router.

Now if there is not reservation for that MAC address you router will just assign sequential numbers to devices based on the next number available or a hole in the assignment list.

If you modify the reservation table the router will use that IP address for that new MAC address each time that MAC address/device ask when powering up..

My guess is that you did this once for your ISY99 and have forgotten. Now you bring a strange dog into the house and the master puts it in a different room because Fido will come home some day.

You need to edit your router's DHCP reservation table and delete the old ISY's reservation and then re-assign that IP address to the new ISY994i.  <-----easiest method.

People here can help you with that.

You could also create a new entry for the new ISY994i but then you would have to open a new hole in your firewall in the router to allow the new IP address to be accessed from outside. This also means changing MobiLinc's setup and any other device that knows the ISY's IP address for connecting to it.

Making any sense to you?

Edit: I missed the iPhone in the OP. The technique used is completely different the way I understand it. Please disregard.

Thanks Jimbo. It's MobiLinc PRO. I don't believe it is Connect but don't remember what I signed up for. I can't find a way to change IP address in my ML Pro settings. My UUID remained unchanged after upgrading to ISY994i.

Found in settings; MobiLinc Connect.

Since it is mobilinc connect I don't think the IP address matters, but I haven't used it for a while, and my subscription just ran out. I'm surprised the UUID did not change? I thought that was tied to the ISY.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to add my name to this list as well.

I am new to Mobilink but not to Insteon, UDI, or home automation. I have bought and downloaded all (or at least most) of your products (and it seems that I may have bought some overlap. Your information on your website and in the App store isn't very clear as to what does what and that one add-on or in-app purchase isn't usable by one of the other apps.

BTW, I am an iPhone user.

My problem is the "MobiLinc Disconnected - Attempting to reconnect to ISY" pop-up message. And an occasional "Network Failure" message and my network is sound and works fine. I installed the apps and the Connect plugin at the beginning of the weekend and all worked perfectly, even via the iPhone while was away from the house. When I returned home later Saturday evening, something went awry and the problems started. I have searched and found references to the same issue and have applied all the suggestions and I still have not been successful.

So, pursuant to the posts above I have taken the liberty of sending my UUID and Error Log to the support address. Please help. And perhaps explain why I had to re-purchase the in-app plugins for each of the different modules. And it does appear that the Orchestrated MobiLinc with the resource module would have been all that I needed. I believe that you need to make that clearer (in the bundled purchases) in the App Store.

Please Help...

Lp

Wes,

Good afternoon.

In response, I have no port forwarding configures (and haven’t). I have cleared the logs and rebooted the ISY and LinkSys several times and even left them off for a while. I still see the “[TCP-Conn] -256/-140002, Portal-Dispatch” messages and I am looking at the admin console now and I see that there is nothing listed under Portals. Should there be?

You said that my ISY disconnected from the servers on July 9th. And when I log in to the ISY Portal it also says that I disconnected on the 9th. And I am still offline. How do I / does it reconnect? All else seems to be working.

I made no changes to my network or to my systems.

Should I moved this issue to one if the ISY Support Forums with regard to my ISY being disconnected?

Lp

Wes, I posted the following last evening:

I am having a problem with MobiLinc and while troubleshooting that with Wes at MobiLinc I discovered that my Portal is not listed in the admin console on the Configuration/Portals tab and when I try logging into the ISY Portal it shows that it has been offline since the 9th (of July, 2016 at 1030 AM).

Can anyone shed some light on why my ISY is offline and how to get it back. There have been no changes to my systems or router and I have rebooted (unplugged) the ISY and my network router several times.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

And received this answer:

I just dealt with this. I had exactly the same issue.

Per UDI tech support, you can't have both ISY Portal and Mobilinc Portal. You have to pick one. UDI tech support can turn on/off whichever one you like, and they offered to refund ISY Portal if you choose to keep Mobilinc Portal.

I guess there is some (experimental?) support for ISY Portal from Mobilinc. I haven't explored that. I don't think I will renew Mobilinc when the subscription comes up.

Is this something that you are aware of? If this is this case I think I'll have ISY deactivate the Portal Integration - MobiLinc Connect module and then I'll ask for a refund on all MobLlinc products I bought last week.

Your thoughts?

Lp

Hi Lp,

I've responded to you via email. In short, the ISY can't have both the MobiLinc Portal and ISY portal installed. You'll need to contact UDI support to have them remove the ISY Portal from your ISY and reinstate the MobiLinc Portal. For MobiLinc, you'll need to use the MobiLinc Portal and it supports the MobiLinc apps, push notifications for iOS devices, TodayView (iOS), Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT support.

The ISY Portal isn't our product and we can't offer support or integration with it.

Wes

My question about notifications is slightly different. I currently have MobilLinc portal integration, but when I try to configure Notifications from the settings page, the page is blank. I've deleted and reinstalled my app, with no change in behavior. Any ideas or thoughts on why would be appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tonyhuk, 

It would probably be better to start a new topic, but I'll address your concern here.

The Notifications page on the Settings menu will be empty until Notifications are added to a device, program, variable, or security event. For example, go to the details of a light switch and select "Advanced Options". Select "Notifications" and configure. 

Wes

Archived