My Lighting’s “All Off” command misses new devices

ironroad

I added / replaced four SwitchLinc Dimmers (2477D v.45) this week.  They installed fine and work well within their scenes and programs.  

However, the new switches simply ignore the ALL OFF command.  They respond to everything else, but when I go to My Lighting and hit “All Off” everything else in the house (about 40 switches) turn off while the four new switches stay on.  The new switches are listed properly under My Lighting and show their correct current state...until I hit ALL OFF and then they incorrectly show “Off” when they’re actually on.  

Why would they work so well in all scenes and programs, yet ignore the most basic “All Off” command?  The only difference I can think of is they’re the only v.45 switches in my system, but I doubt that matters much.  

I’m baffled here, all suggestions are appreciated :)

I believe the latest hardware/firmware Insteon modules. Have the All On command ignored due to random unwanted  All On Events happening. That have been reported in some threads here.

Maybe they also disabled the All Off.

I would also be interested in what version firmware is reported in the new module.

If the newer devices do not support the "all off" feature, you can create a scene with all of the devices in it, and turn it off, it will behave identically and include the new devices. You'll need to update it each time you add/replace switches.

Thanks!  That certainly answers my question.  Can't use ALL OFF if it's not supported on new devices.  

I have some switches that are v.44 that still respond to ALL OFF, so the change must have happened with v.45.  

As paulbates suggested, I made a new scene called "All My Lights," manually added all lights, and this works as my new ALL OFF replacement. 

Thanks!  That certainly answers my question.  Can't use ALL OFF if it's not supported on new devices.  

I have some switches that are v.44 that still respond to ALL OFF, so the change must have happened with v.45.  

As paulbates suggested, I made a new scene called "All My Lights," manually added all lights, and this works as my new ALL OFF replacement. 

Time permitting can you indicate what the sticker says for four switches? This will help us to narrow down the implementation of the removal of the ALL ON - ALL OFF command set. Keeping in mind even this data is no guarantee as Smartlabs has been known to introduce / deprecate features mid stream.

All of which showing the same ISY firmware / hardware production dates. As this was seen in the Open-Close, Leak Sensor, and various switches like the KPL. 

Teken,

Thank you for the information. I had seen the All On being removed. Makes sense the All Off would also be gone.

Brian H,

My pleasure, and moving forward I hope this reduces the incident of ALL ON - ALL OFF for those (limited) new installs out in the wild. 

Archived