Should I restore my PLM?

ahwman

I woke up this morning and noticed that several of my programs didn't run. After looking closer I noticed that the LED was off on my PLM (2413S). I figured it was toast as it's a few years old and I know that longevity is not its strong point. That said, I unplugged it for a while and plugged it back in and now the LED is back on (green). It does appear to be communicating with my ISY and I can send commands to all of my devices, however it's not recognizing device states when I manually turn on switches, etc and it's also not recognizing devices states for any of my motion sensors or TriggerLinc's. I realize I may be on borrowed time with this PLM, but to hold me over, should I do a "Restore Devices" or "Restore Modem (PLM)" to correct the communication issues?

Thanks so much,

Chuck

Chuck

Restore PLM. It may help for a while, but your PLM has the classic symptoms of on its way to failure.

Paul

Thank you. I just am amazed how this has been a known issue for years and yet SmartHome refuses to fix the problem. I certainly would expect more longevity than just a few years...

Chuck

Yep. Baffling & frustrating over what appears to be component quality for a few cheaper capacitors.  I have insteon devices like lamplincs and inlinelincs from the beginning, still working away daily.....but plms for some reason..

Well I guess if I have to chose, I'd rather replace a PLM than hardwired switches, etc. That said, the PLM restore worked like a charm and all the device states are not showing up correctly. That said, we'll see how long it lasts but I'm going to contact Smart Home tomorrow and discuss this with them...

Thanks again,

Chuck

Archived