Any workaround for an annoying bug?

Pacificwing

Hello,

I have a strange problem. I purchased a ZTS-110 Z-wave thermostat, and it has a bug that is really annoying me.

When it is set to metric, the "heating setpoint" value performs the conversion from imperial->metric twice. Meaning that if I set the setpoint to 21C, it will report that it is set to -4C. This is very annoying. I've checked the logs, and the thermostat actually is reporting (in this instance) -4C to the ISY. Another example: At 16C it reports -9C.

I've given up trying to get support for this thing (my vendor is useless, Vera hasn't been any help, and my GF threw out the packaging), so here is my question:

Is there any way that I can filter that raw value coming in from the thermostat and perform a conversion on it before it populates the thermostat object in the ISY? Like a calibration factor or something? I know that is a lot of "behind the curtain" type stuff, but I really can't think of another way to band-aid this.

Any other suggestions on how to get around this particular problem? I really can't justify buying a new thermostat just to fix this annoyance.

-Chris

Archived