Keypadlinc Momentary On?

pyrorobert

Is it possible for a Keypadlinc button to be momentary on? I set up a good bye button with a program, but the only thing is, when it is pressed, it has to be pressed again to release the button. I have it set up as a toggle on/off. Will it help if I set this button to Always on? Or does this mean that the button will always be on leaving the scene on or is it a momentary on? Thanks,

Robert

The KPL button can be set to non-toggle Off mode.   The button blinks twice and ends in the LED Off state.  The Program must be changed to trigger with an Off command rather than an On command.

EDIT:  this does not work if "good bye" is dependent on a Scene On invoked by the KPL button.  Then have the Program turn the KPL button Off with a Scene Off that has KPL button as Responder.

Set Scene 'kplbuttonasresponder" Off

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a related question.

I've got 3 KPLs with a non-toggle button on each that is used to reflect the state of the garage door.  I have a monitor program that watches for a status change of the garage door sensor and then sets a scene on or off.  The scene just has the 3 KPL buttons as responders.  What I've seen on occasion is that sometimes not all buttons get set to the correct state (e.g., button is lit, but the garage door is down).  I'd like to have confidence that the button state is correct - what is the best way to handle this?  Should each button be placed in its own scene and have the monitor program set each scene on/off?  Or, have multiple "set scene on" or "set scene off" statements for the same cumulative scene to make sure the message is received?  If anyone has had this issue, what is the most effective way to deal with it?

Rleidy, I used the scenes to control and monitor my garage door. The first scene you set the keypad button as the controller and the iolinc as the responder. My other scene is set up for status in which I used the keypad button as the responder and the iolinc status as the controller.

Rleidy, I used the scenes to control and monitor my garage door. The first scene you set the keypad button as the controller and the iolinc as the responder. My other scene is set up for status in which I used the keypad button as the responder and the iolinc status as the controller.

I'm using a scene to control the LEDs in the 3 KPLs, but I control that scene with a program (instead of using the iolinc as controller) so that I can reverse the sense of ON/OFF reported by the iolinc.  (With my sensor, ON means that the garage door is closed.  I know I can reverse that with an option, but my understanding is that the 3am query can mess you up.)

Anyway, the program that controls the LEDs simply sets the scene to ON or OFF.  The program runs when expected, but what I noticed was that *sometimes* the button LEDs were not all synchronized.  So far, it's just been that one was ON when all the others were OFF.  And, not the same KPL each time.  For instance, all but LEDs are ON, garage goes down, program runs, scene is set OFF, most button LEDs go off, one stays on.  Randomly.  I'm just wondering if anyone else sees this behavior.

Archived