Range Extender (Wireless Phase Coupler) [2443] Unrecgnized by ISY994i

loliver1943

I have recently upgraded from a computer using "HouseLink" to control my lights. I now have an ISY994i 256.

I have two "Range Extender (Wireless Phase Coupler) [2443]" that was recognized by HouseLink and worked well; however, the ISY994i does not recognize the 2443 and cannot see it or add it to my devices. The 2443 is no longer available apparently.

The details of my Controller:

Model:  ISY994i 256

Platform:  ISY-C-994

Version:  4.3.26

Build Timestamp:  2015-10-13-11:35:11

Is there any way to use these devices are am I just out of luck and need to buy the new 2992-222 ????????

Larry

Is there any way to use these devices are am I just out of luck and need to buy the new 2992-222 ????????

No, there is no control of the range extender so ISY doesn't recognize it.  Just follow directions for installation and you'll be good to go.

Jon...

Larry,

Simply plug them into any outlet in the home that shows proper coupling / bridging when the 4 tap beacon test is performed.

Any other dual band device can be installed where ever you wish.

Best practice is to have a plugin dual band device on each corner of the home on all floors, zones, areas.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

jerlands - OK, thanks for the quick reply.

So, I guess just plug in, connect the two using the 4 clicks and then ignore them?

Larry

If I recall you first link the two by placing in set mode and then you can do the beacon test.  <--- edit: unless you've already linked them :)

Jon...

No need to link the Range Extenders.  The 4 tap beacon test works with all the Dual Band devices that are in RF range.  Although most interested to have Range Extenders on Opposite 120V legs, the beacon test will also show all the Dual Band devices in  RF range and whether they are on the same or opposite 120V leg.   

Just to clarify and put it all in one place...

The 4 Tap beacon test is not linking the range extenders.  It's simply running a test to help you determine if their placement and circuit choices are correct to allow them to bridge the legs of your electrical feed.  These are simply dual band devices with no load control or sensors built in.  Since they have no controller or responder functionality, they have no need to be added to the ISY or linked to themselves or anything else.  Basically just plug and play as long as they are within range of each other (or another dual band device) and on opposite legs of the electrical feed.

Some folks (Teken) recommend DualBand LampLinc modules instead of range extenders as they perform double duty (same bridging function as range extender plus can control loads).

-Xathros

Archived