Portal and Home Automation Dashboard?

PurdueGuy

Is is possible to access ISY with Home Automation Dashboard via the portal instead of UD Ajax?   Or is that not possible since the HTML files live on the ISY?

I only ask because I have a number of devices in folders, based on rooms, and within the rooms they have some names repeated (such as "Ceiling Fan").

Since UD Ajax doesn't use folders, I just have 4 "Ceiling Fans" in the portal, and I don't know which is which.

My goal is to allow guest access and limit it, and have HAD only show what I want users to see.

I have had problems with same labels also. Some actually became operated incorrectly and I am not sure where some happened to get crossed.

I name all my devices uniquely now in a manner that allows them to be sorted out for viewing in MobiLinc. It's a problem with some software using folders and some not.

Despite being in different folders sorted under distinct rooms names I use labels like

MS Motion.Gathrm

MS Motion.Libr

MS Motion.MBR

and

MS LowBat.GathRm

MS LowBat.Util

MS LowBat.MBR

and

Leak Detected.HVAC

Leak Detected.kitch

Leak Detected.util

If I get a notification of an alert it becomes much easier to look at the whole home parameters involved because they sort alphabetically. eg. motion when I am not home, I can see programs activate room to room, indicating travelling intruder, on one page of MobiLinc. This makes it easy to identify false MS detections if only one triggers or they are not in physical travel order.

For a leak, one remote page will show all devices.

This would all be identified precisely in the original notification but there is nothing like confirming it with live real-time action.

After a few years of using room based folders for programs I just recently switched to function based program folders.

However, my devices are still sorted into room based folders and with the exclusive naming convention it works well at both ends of access.

All my device/scene names are preceded with a 2-letter prefix that's the same as the room name, for example MR Fan is the ceiling fan in the media room, DR Light is the dining room light. Similarly named rooms can be accommodated, too by using FB and RB for fof and rear bathrooms, respectively.

Interior device that don't fit neatly into a 2-letter room are preceded by IN, such as IN Attic Lights, EX for exterior and GG is Gates & Garages.

Is is possible to access ISY with Home Automation Dashboard via the portal instead of UD Ajax?   Or is that not possible since the HTML files live on the ISY?

I only ask because I have a number of devices in folders, based on rooms, and within the rooms they have some names repeated (such as "Ceiling Fan").

Since UD Ajax doesn't use folders, I just have 4 "Ceiling Fans" in the portal, and I don't know which is which.

My goal is to allow guest access and limit it, and have HAD only show what I want users to see.

Hello PurdueGuy,

HAD will be added to portal, it's in the roadmap. 

It is actually planned to be completed before Christmas. It will work just like on the firmware version, with a setting in UDAjax to swith to HAD, and a setting in HAD to switch back to UDAjax.

Thanks,

Benoit.

HAD is now bundled with Portal.

When you select "ISY web access", you will get to UDAjax. From there, go to settings change the default UI to HAD. When in HAD, you can also switch back to UDAjax, just like on the firmware version.

Benoit.

HAD is now bundled with Portal.

When you select "ISY web access", you will get to UDAjax. From there, go to settings change the default UI to HAD. When in HAD, you can also switch back to UDAjax, just like on the firmware version.

Benoit.

Awesome!  This feature is significant for me -- it makes access to my home automation so much easier whilst traveling.  Thanks!

Archived