Dumb Newbie Questions

joejvj

I need some help. I just got an ISY-99i and was able to enter all my devices with no problems. Well, actually I did have problems where sometimes the admin program would not show the dialogs to "Start Linking" and such. Unplugging the PLM/ISY seems to fix these for a while.

Anyway, I just want to start learning some basic things. I need help on these items:

1) I want to program a ControlLinc button to control a single lamp module. How do I do that from the program instead of pushing the set buttons on the two devices?

2) I have two 3-way switches in my house setup as "virtual 3-way circuit" using two SwitchLincs according to the SwitchLinc manual. Can I set those up in the program? And, since they are already setup, where can I view these links in the program?

3) When I click on "New Scene" nothing happens. Am I supposed to do something else to begin scene programming?

Thanks for your replies.

Your best best is to start with the Wiki...there is a lot of information in there that will help you get started.

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Particularly in the How To section:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:How-To_Guide

Once you get the basics, then it will be easier to ask some questions here that we can help you with.

One question before you go to far is this: When you started linking, did you leave the setting that says "Remove Existing Links"? It does not sound like it based on your comment about the 3-way virtual switch. The problem you will have is that if you created the link outside of ISY, then ISY is not "aware" of the link and you wont see it in the console anywhere.

I need some help. I just got an ISY-99i and was able to enter all my devices with no problems. Well, actually I did have problems where sometimes the admin program would not show the dialogs to "Start Linking" and such. Unplugging the PLM/ISY seems to fix these for a while.

Anyway, I just want to start learning some basic things. I need help on these items:

1) I want to program a ControlLinc button to control a single lamp module. How do I do that from the program instead of pushing the set buttons on the two devices?

2) I have two 3-way switches in my house setup as "virtual 3-way circuit" using two SwitchLincs according to the SwitchLinc manual. Can I set those up in the program? And, since they are already setup, where can I view these links in the program?

3) When I click on "New Scene" nothing happens. Am I supposed to do something else to begin scene programming?

Thanks for your replies.

Archived