Voice recognition

barryp

I believe I have everything set up properly.  When I say open IZZY I get the appropriate response and it understands me.  However after that every time I try a command and say IZZY it interprets it as " is a ".  I've tried saying it different ways and had my girlfriend try and still the same.  What am I doing wrong?

"Tell IZZY to turn on light" becomes "Tell is a to turn on light".  Then of course I get the answer "Which Device?.  Yet it understands open IZZY every time.  Any help would be appreciated.  Going crazy here.

Thanks

I believe I have everything set up properly.  When I say open IZZY I get the appropriate response and it understands me.  However after that every time I try a command and say IZZY it interprets it as " is a ".  I've tried saying it different ways and had my girlfriend try and still the same.  What am I doing wrong?

"Tell IZZY to turn on light" becomes "Tell is a to turn on light".  Then of course I get the answer "Which Device?.  Yet it understands open IZZY every time.  Any help would be appreciated.  Going crazy here.

Thanks

From my experience, i can tell you that in general the echo is more forgiving when you say open SkillSet, because open is a "Keyword" it knows the next thing is the name of the Skill...

As far as getting it to work, I would suggest doing the echo voice training also try saying is slightly different, for instance I can say  "Alexe tell is he to turn on the kitchen light", as well as "Alexa tell izzy to turn on the kitchen light" and both work fine. 

Try disabling other skills that you have enabled

And for best results use the connected home option which it incredibly accurate.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

The skill is require to control thermostats, locks and to run the If section of a program. Alexa can run Then (on) and Else (off) without Izzy. BTW, Alexa, tell Izzy to ... or ask Izzy to ... works. Also, Izzy will tell you what was accomplished, Aleaxa won't.

Archived