Question about camera plugin or cam viewer

slm800

I am looking at the ip camera plugin for my mobilinc pro app since I currently use foscam viewer that is lacking in capabilities, but before I purchase, can someone please advise if the plugin will allow me to turn the camera on/off as needed, will it work with geofence or would I need a switch/outlet hardware module to work? Tired of having to unplug/ plug in the camera manually each time I arrive or leave home. Could not find an answer from a Google search.

Also, if is there any feature or capability differences between the plugin vs the cam viewer standalone app? Thanks

Hi slm800,

I responded to your email here this morning. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Wes

Response: 

You can’t use MobiLinc to turn the camera on/off directly, but you could use MobiLinc and the ISY controller along with a geo-fence in MobiLinc to turn an INSTEON/Z-Wave outlet on/off based on your location which would do the same thing.

The only difference in apps is that the MobiLinc Pro/HD app will offer home automation controls via your ISY controller alongside the IP Camera features.

Wes

Archived