Nest trigger switched outlet?

MR8419

I have a nest gen 2, Is it possible to have an insteon outlet turn on when the nest kicks on the blower fan for either heating or cooling?  I have some register boosters that I would like to have triggered to come on this way.  If it is not possible with the nest how would I go about doing it or can it be done at all?

Not directly but depending on what you have for hardware you can probably do it. I know you can do it with a pi and an isy and some custom code (which you can find on here) if you have a hub you might be able to do it with IFTTT.

Might help if you provide which components you have

I have a nest gen 2, Is it possible to have an insteon outlet turn on when the nest kicks on the blower fan for either heating or cooling?  I have some register boosters that I would like to have triggered to come on this way.  If it is not possible with the nest how would I go about doing it or can it be done at all?

My understanding is ISY doesn't have any direct integration with Nest due to Google's requirements for use of API.   A possible way to accomplish this is to sense when the fan is running using a device as the In-LineLinc Relay.

Jon...

• 2 months later...

Archived