Did I brick my ISY-994i?

Solomente

Hi all, I have an ISY-994i that I hadn't updated the firmware on in a while. I started having problems several months ago which I sort of resolved by replacing a bad PLM (I use insteon hardware). Once I did that, everything worked but I never could get the ISY to work again over the internet. It said it was connected and showed my IP address but nothing would ever connect to it unless it was through my home wifi. So today I went to Help>About and noticed I was on 4.0.something and there was 4.3.26 available. I went to upgrade, it asked me to take a backup (which failed with the error message "unable to create zip") and then it started doing whatever it does to upgrade. At some point it closed my internet browser and that was it. Now it is several hours later and I can't access the ISY from any device. I had a reserved IP address for it on my router, but no device is currently using that IP. I also opened the ISY-994i Admin Console app and it says it can't find any ISY on my network. Nothing has been unplugged and the blue light is still on. Did the firmware upgrade fail and brick my ISY?

. Did the firmware upgrade fail and brick my ISY?

Likely the file system is now corrupt but you could try rebooting to see if it helps.  First check to be certain you have the latest Java update, then check to see what your latest backup is.  Most probably you'll need to do a factory reset then re-load latest backup. 

Jon...

It's likely that your ISY has been assigned a new IP address. Check your router for attached devices. I believe the ISY MAC address should begin with 00:21:B9

Wow so simple. I was messing with my router and computer but never simply unplugged the ISY. After unplugging for a couple minutes and plugging back in, everything seems to be back to normal. I can even connect over the internet again without even changing anything. Not sure what happened before since it was always setup via port forwarding. Thanks for the help!

Archived