Which 6 button KPL do ya'll use with Fanlinc?

phlash73

Hi. I've been searching the forums all morning, but can't figure out which unit is recommended.

I have a fan in a bedroom, with single switch going to it.

I'd like to install Fanlinc and a 6 button keypaylinc.

It does have a light kit on it. And it's bulbs are dimable .

I'm fairly sure I can wire it the correct way (after reading many posts here) - but need to know:

Do ya'll recommend the Dimmer unit 2334-232

Or the standard On/OFF 2487S unit?

I most likely won't want to control ANYTHING else with this KPL.  Only this fan/light combo.

I do want to be able to dim the light, but isn't that done through programming, since I'm not using the line out?

I'd prefer to use the larger top and bottom buttons for dimming the light, and the 4 small center ones for the fan.

Thanks in advance for any help

That really comes down to personal choice if using KPL Relay vs KPL Dimmer. You can also use a standard Switch Linc Relay / Dimmer if you believe its easier to do the whole single / fast on tap.

From a practical stand point the use of a KPL Switch only makes sense because it requires no training to the lay person. This assumes you spent the extra money on the custom fan linc keys which I highly recommend.

As it offers visual aid in selecting the fan speed etc plus it just looks professional. Any other method including using stickers or clear buttons looks ghetto . . .

K. Thanks for making my choice even more confusing...  :)

I ordered the standard ON/OFF 6 button KPL unit, with Fanlinc, and the fan button kit.

It was ordered over the weekend, and is currently on the way to me in Tampa.

Once I discovered that a dimmer existed, I got curious.  And am tempted to call and try to get an RA on the ON/OFF unit.

- And have them send me the dimmer one.

Especially once the old lady watched over my shoulder as I discovered the dimmer unit.

NOW she says that I need to add a 2nd one in another room.

You are correct. The KeypadLinc is not wired to anything, so either the On/Off or the dimmer can be used. The On/Off clicks with each on or off button push, the dimmer doesn't.

You are correct. The KeypadLinc is not wired to anything, so either the On/Off or the dimmer can be used. The On/Off clicks with each on or off button push, the dimmer doesn't.

I wasn't sure if you could dim a scene using the on/off KPL. If so, then the only difference would be the small click when you turn it on. It not very loud and I don't think it would bother me but YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by chrishick