Firmware Problem

smokegrub

I have two ISYs. One is located at my primary residence; the other about 325 miles away. I have not yet updated to Firmware 4.2.30. The local ISY correctly shows both the Firmware and UI as 4.3.26. However, the remote ISY shows the Firmware as 4.2.30 and a UI of 4.3.26! How can I fix this? How did it happen?

I have two ISYs. One is located at my primary residence; the other about 325 miles away. I have not yet updated to Firmware 4.2.30. The local ISY correctly shows both the Firmware and UI as 4.3.26. However, the remote ISY shows the Firmware as 4.2.30 and a UI of 4.3.26! How can I fix this? How did it happen?

The only way the firmware would show up at 4.2.30 is (IF) it was updated.

The only way the firmware would show up at 4.2.30 is (IF) it was updated.

I agree, that seems to be the only plausible conclusion, yet it does not explain why each ISY is showing different firmware. All firmware and UI updates are done on the same MacBook Pro. 

I agree, that seems to be the only plausible conclusion, yet it does not explain why each ISY is showing different firmware. All firmware and UI updates are done on the same MacBook Pro. 

Can you provide a screen shot of both for us to review? Also, I was actually expecting you to say the UI was different and not the firmware.

Since you haven't even upgraded the local controller I am not sure how 4.2.30 would appear on the remote system. Are you sure the Admin Console you're using is in fact 4.3.26?

Also, if you clear the Java Cache on this local computer let us know if you see the same thing when you remote back into the other controller when you select help -> about.

Are you using  your local UI 4.3.26 to access the remote ISY?  If so, that might explain the disparity

Are you using  your local UI 4.3.26 to access the remote ISY?  If so, that might explain the disparity

I emptied the JAVA Cache and things remind the same. Yes, I am using UI 4.3.26 to access the remote ISY. Since the same computer is used to access both ISYs how can one ISY have a different firmware????

I emptied the JAVA Cache and things remind the same. Yes, I am using UI 4.3.26 to access the remote ISY. Since the same computer is used to access both ISYs how can one ISY have a different firmware????

Post up a screen capture of both systems blocking out the UUID of course for privacy reasons.

I just noted something particularly interesting. I was doing some work on Programs at the remote ISY and I noted at the top of that page, in red, 4.3.26 is now available. A quick check under Help says the firmware is 4.2.30 and the UI is 4.3.26.

The firmware installed on the remote ISY apparently is 4.2.30 and the UI you're using to access ISY is 4.3.26.  If you update the firmware on remote ISY to 4.3.26 all will be fine :)

Jon...

Jon:

I am obviously missing something. I thought that I downloaded the Firmware and UI to my Mac and that same Firmware and UI controlled both ISYs. That is the way I have done that repeatedly in the past and this is the first time a different Firmware has seemingly appeared on its on.

Jon:

I am obviously missing something. I thought that I downloaded the Firmware and UI to my Mac and that same Firmware and UI controlled both ISYs. That is the way I have done that repeatedly in the past and this is the first time a different Firmware has seemingly appeared on its on.

I believe its best to update the firmware to 4.3.26 on the remote system and just carry on. Keeping in mind you're using Admin Console on the Mac which is also using 4.3.26 which kinda makes sense as to why the Help -> About says: UI 4.3.26

Clear as mud?

Jon:

You may have to clear your java cache and download the 4.2.30 UI on the Mac to successfully update the firmware on the remote system,  In your situation you should access the remote system using the same UI version as the firmware version so if you don't update firmware you should install and uninstall different UI versions (which doesn't make sense.) 

Jon...

Archived