Using Direct TV or Dish Network

mrxmas

Hi All

We are consdering changing from Comcast Xfinity to Direct TV or Dish Network for our Tv.  I have the ISY 994i pro, connected to our wfi router and MobiLinc Connect.  Direct TV and Dish Network would also need to be connected to the wfi router.  Is anyone using Direct TV or Dish Network connected to a router?  Are there any problems or conflicts with the ISY and Direct or Dish receivers connected to the router?? 

Thanks for any information anyone has

Steve

Hi All

We are consdering changing from Comcast Xfinity to Direct TV or Dish Network for our Tv. I have the ISY 994i pro, connected to our wfi router and MobiLinc Connect. Direct TV and Dish Network would also need to be connected to the wfi router. Is anyone using Direct TV or Dish Network connected to a router? Are there any problems or conflicts with the ISY and Direct or Dish receivers connected to the router??

Thanks for any information anyone has

Steve

You should be just fine. You will only have one connection to the router (or a switch connected to the router) to the Genie so you can get VOD etc. The other clients will connect to the main Genie. I would suggest as with other devices making a DHCP reservation or static IP for the devices though.

Archived