Moved to New House and Now cannot access ISY

I have moved to a new house and could not connect to my ISY994i.  I then tried to do a factory reset and held the reset button down but the memory light never started to flash.  I did the factory reset because all of the devices will be in a different place and I wanted to start fresh to add all of the devices.

I held the reset down and all the lights started to flash on and off at the same time. Then they stepped through a sequence in order then there was about a 10 second section where only the power line was on and then it starts al over again.  I could never get the memory light to flash.

After doing this sequence I still could not see the ISY using the admin console.

Any suggestions ?

Here's the Wiki instructions for factory reset.  Another option is to remove and reformat the SD card.  In either case you need to follow instructions to reconfigure ISY afterwards. http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/admin.jnlp

It sounds as though you're not holding reset button long enough.

Factory Reset

There are only a very few reasons for performing a Factory Reset:

• Corrupted File system (blinking ERR light)
  • To start fresh ... i.e. if you are going to restore your old backup on the same ISY, then in all likelihood factory reset is NOT going to fix anything
  • Reuse one ISY for more than one location
  • You have configured your ISY with a static IP address, changed router/network, and can no longer access ISY

IMPORTANT: You must reconfigure ISY again or restore your backup after the factory reset.

1. Use a sharp object to push in the Reset Button till the RX, TX, Mem, Error lights start blinking (every second)
  2. Hold for at least 30 seconds until all of the the RX, TX, Mem, Error lights turn off and Mem light starts flashing quickly
  3. Release and wait for system reboot (reboot is complete when Mem light stops flashing)

Jon...

Archived