ISY Admin Console Reporting Incorrect Insteon State

cam

I have approx. 100 Insteon dual-band switchlinc devices (new as of 2016).  For the first week the ISY would report the correct status but now I can see there are lights on/off yet the ISY reports them wrong.  Occasionally if I hit the Query button to refresh all statuses that works but only for a short time.  

I've also been experiencing program failures (e.g. turning of lights after x minutes) because I believe the ISY doesn't recognize what state the lights are in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have approx. 100 Insteon dual-band switchlinc devices (new as of 2016).  For the first week the ISY would report the correct status but now I can see there are lights on/off yet the ISY reports them wrong.  Occasionally if I hit the Query button to refresh all statuses that works but only for a short time.  

I've also been experiencing program failures (e.g. turning of lights after x minutes) because I believe the ISY doesn't recognize what state the lights are in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What's version of the ISY firmware

What the version of the user interface (admin console) are you using?

Do you have anything that could be interfering with the Insteon signals such as a UPS, T.V's, etc. that have not been filtered?

What's version of the ISY firmware

What the version of the user interface (admin console) are you using?

Do you have anything that could be interfering with the Insteon signals such as a UPS, T.V's, etc. that have not been filtered?

ISY Firmware:  Insteon_UD994 v.4.3.26 (2015-10-13-11:35:11)

ISY UI:  Insteon_UD994 v.4.2.30 (2015-04-02-09:09:20)

I don't yet have any UPS or TV's hooked up - wife isn't happy :wink: and now that lights/scenes are not working properly the wife acceptance factor (WAF) is dropping fast so please help!

ISY Firmware:  Insteon_UD994 v.4.3.26 (2015-10-13-11:35:11)

ISY UI:  Insteon_UD994 v.4.2.30 (2015-04-02-09:09:20)

I don't yet have any UPS or TV's hooked up - wife isn't happy :wink: and now that lights/scenes are not working properly the wife acceptance factor (WAF) is dropping fast so please help!

You'll need to clear your Java cache including applications then download the 4.3.26 version of the Admin console. Hopefully that should clean up your problems. Let us know if that cleared up your issues.

You'll need to clear your Java cache including applications then download the 4.3.26 version of the Admin console. Hopefully that should clean up your problems. Let us know if that cleared up your issues.

So I cleared my Java cache and ensured that I'm running the same admin console (4.3.26) as the web interface but ISY still doesn't report the various Insteon statuses correctly.  One of many examples are my kitchen can lights (on a multi-way switch setup using Insteon dimmers).  If I turn on my kitchen can lights via the ISY interface (either web or Java-based admin console) the lights turn on and the ISY knows that they are turned on.  However, if I turn the lights on from one of the physical dimmer switches the ISY doesn't recognize that they are on - unless I hit the Query button in the admin console but even then that doesn't alway work.

So I cleared my Java cache and ensured that I'm running the same admin console (4.3.26) as the web interface but ISY still doesn't report the various Insteon statuses correctly.  One of many examples are my kitchen can lights (on a multi-way switch setup using Insteon dimmers).  If I turn on my kitchen can lights via the ISY interface (either web or Java-based admin console) the lights turn on and the ISY knows that they are turned on.  However, if I turn the lights on from one of the physical dimmer switches the ISY doesn't recognize that they are on - unless I hit the Query button in the admin console but even then that doesn't alway work.

You should have all the switches that control the kitchen lights placed in a scene as controllers? 

Turning the scene on or off will then correctly reflect in all the switches located within the scene.

When controlling the lights from the ISY you should turn the scene on/off  not just one of the switches.

You should have all the switches that control the kitchen lights placed in a scene as controllers? 

Turning the scene on or off will then correctly reflect in all the switches located within the scene.

When controlling the lights from the ISY you should turn the scene on/off  not just one of the switches.

Both switches that control the kitchen can lights are placed in a scene.  When I added each dimmer to the ISY I selected that they are both controllers.  When I physically toggle one switch the other physical switch responds with the same status (as noted on the physical LED lights).  When I issue an ISY command, I always use the scene they belong too - not just an individual switch.

The kitchen lights are just one of several Insteon status issues throughout my house, I also have single dimmers or on/off switches that do not report their status correctly.... Master bedroom fan, bathroom vent, and others.  I've tried using multiple clients (both the ISY web interface & admin console, ctrlhome IOS app, etc.) as well as from multiple browsers/devices and that doesn't help which leads me to believe that the ISY doesn't know the true state.

NOTE:  I also have an Elk M1 Alarm Panel and approx. 50 motion sensors, a dozen door contacts, and around 15 window contacts too.  I'm running the Elk ISY module.  I'm triggering lights or scenes (depending if they are a multi-way switch) via programs...  Specifically in the kitchen, I don't turn on the lights via the ISY but I do have a program to turn off the scene if there's no motion after x minutes.  This program doesn't work either because the ISY doesn't realize the lights are on so the program never turns them off.

This isn't a complete system failure because I do have a lot of areas in my home (single switches and multi-way) that are working great.

Tools > Diagnostics > Event Viewer. Set the level to 3. Clear. Right click on the scene > Diagnostics > Scene Test. Post the result.

Both switches that control the kitchen can lights are placed in a scene.  When I added each dimmer to the ISY I selected that they are both controllers.  When I physically toggle one switch the other physical switch responds with the same status (as noted on the physical LED lights).  When I issue an ISY command, I always use the scene they belong too - not just an individual switch.

The kitchen lights are just one of several Insteon status issues throughout my house, I also have single dimmers or on/off switches that do not report their status correctly.... Master bedroom fan, bathroom vent, and others.  I've tried using multiple clients (both the ISY web interface & admin console, ctrlhome IOS app, etc.) as well as from multiple browsers/devices and that doesn't help which leads me to believe that the ISY doesn't know the true state.

NOTE:  I also have an Elk M1 Alarm Panel and approx. 50 motion sensors, a dozen door contacts, and around 15 window contacts too.  I'm running the Elk ISY module.  I'm triggering lights or scenes (depending if they are a multi-way switch) via programs...  Specifically in the kitchen, I don't turn on the lights via the ISY but I do have a program to turn off the scene if there's no motion after x minutes.  This program doesn't work either because the ISY doesn't realize the lights are on so the program never turns them off.

This isn't a complete system failure because I do have a lot of areas in my home (single switches and multi-way) that are working great.

Try running a diagnostics on each the switches for your kitchen lights, (show device link tables, then compare links) to see if any of your links are corrupted.

You can also try a restore device, which rewrites the device link tables, for the kitchen switches to see if that makes a difference.

Another possibility may be that with all the RF devices you have in your system you may be getting data collisions that interfere with the Insteon signals.

Are the problems you're experiencing consistent or do they vary?

Tools > Diagnostics > Event Viewer. Set the level to 3. Clear. Right click on the scene > Diagnostics > Scene Test. Post the result.

Wed 03/09/2016 02:34:17 PM : [GRP-RX      ] 02 61 12 13 00 15 
<html><font color="red">----- Kitchen Can Lights Test Results -----</font></html>
<html><font color="red">[Failed]</font> Kitchen Can Light 2 (38 3B 56 1)</html>
<html><font color="red">[Failed]</font> Kitchen Can Light 1 (38 35 1C 1)</html>
<html><font color="red">----- Kitchen Can Lights Test Results -----</font></html>

I followed both of your suggestions.  @stu I posted the first results

I then took @Tech recommendations and restored each device then ran another scene test and here are the results:

Wed 03/09/2016 02:38:00 PM : [GRP-RX      ] 02 61 12 13 00 06 
Wed 03/09/2016 02:38:00 PM : [iNST-SRX    ] 02 50 38.35.1C 34.E8.BC 65 13 12    LTOFFRR(12)
Wed 03/09/2016 02:38:00 PM : [std-Cleanup Ack] 38.35.1C-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=1
Wed 03/09/2016 02:38:01 PM : [CLEAN-UP-RPT] 02 58 06 
Wed 03/09/2016 02:38:01 PM : [iNST-SRX    ] 02 50 38.3B.56 34.E8.BC 65 13 12    LTOFFRR(12)
Wed 03/09/2016 02:38:01 PM : [std-Cleanup Ack] 38.3B.56-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=1
<html><font color="red">[succeeded]</font> Kitchen Can Light 2 (38 3B 56 1)</html>
<html><font color="red">[succeeded]</font> Kitchen Can Light 1 (38 35 1C 1)</html>

I haven't been home to test it yet but at least the scene tests show a success.  I'll update this thread after performing the same operation on the others that are having issues and report back.  Appreciate the help!

I haven't been home to test it yet but at least the scene tests show a success.  I'll update this thread after performing the same operation on the others that are having issues and report back.  Appreciate the help!

If your ran the diagnostics did you find any corrupted link tables?

Archived