Dual Band Plug Modules

jam10

How do I confirm if a module is really dual band?  I recently ordered some module form Smarthome because both items were advertised as dual band (Dimmer 2457D2 and On/Off module 2635-222).  The dimmer box clearly states "Dual Band" but the On/Off box makes no mention of dual band feature.  I queried Smarthome but have yet to get a reply.

It is Dual Band even if the box doesn't specifically say it is.

The sales page shows both Insteon RF and Power Line signal specifications.

If you have not done it yet.

Download the full users manuals from the sales page manual links. It will explain how to do the Beacon {communications} tests between Dual Band Modules when installed and other things like a Factory Reset if you ever have to do it.

How do I confirm if a module is really dual band?  I recently ordered some module form Smarthome because both items were advertised as dual band (Dimmer 2457D2 and On/Off module 2635-222).  The dimmer box clearly states "Dual Band" but the On/Off box makes no mention of dual band feature.  I queried Smarthome but have yet to get a reply.

The on/off module is a dual band device as are most of the current modules with the exception of battery operated devices and the IOLinc and some switches.

You can check the specs for a device on the Smarthome website which will show if it supports RF.

Archived