Alexa just stopped saying 'ok'

DonB

But with two dots on order, the best improvement for me would be the room specific config. The previous explanations by stusviews regarding the more natural "in room" UI is excellent reasoning for this to be implemented natively asap (minus the need for the sub-account piece).

I'm not too annoyed by the sub-accounts considering that they need be set up only once. More restrictive is the five account limit.

BTW, if you have two (different account) Echos within earshot, then it's best to give each a different name or one of the Echos will reply that the device doesn't exist in [account_name]'s profile.

BTW, if you have two (different account) Echos within earshot, then it's best to give each a different name or one of the Echos will reply that the device doesn't exist in [account_name]'s profile.

I just noticed this, but it happens when they are on the same account, as well. We have only one spot in our house where this happens, as the four Echos are on three levels. But if I stand in one spot, the two on the same level can each hear me. I guess one of them "grabs" control, and the other doesn't know it. Interesting...

BTW, my wife now uses Alexa as much as me, mostly for weather and music. Sweet!

Edited by madcodger

And now she is back to saying "ok"! Anyone else notice this?

Yup and now Alexa doesnt auto add words. For example I could say "Alexa turn on music in bedroom" and my spoken words in the portal was just "music bedroom" and it worked fine. With this newest "change" Alexa doesnt like "IN" now and wont accept the command.

I didnt see an update for the app in iOS. What are you using? Was the app updated or just the content inside the app?

Stu highlighted the changes "Connected Home is now Smart Home and it's no longer in Settings."

Not certain when they were made but you should see it in the page.

Jon...

Sure enough, I go back into history and listen to what I actually said (you can play back many weeks of prior commands using the Echo web interface),

You can also do it in the android app now too.

I'm sad the ok is back. I hope they give us the option to choose this week.

You can also do it in the android app now too.

I'm sad the ok is back. I hope they give us the option to choose this week.

Ugh  :(

May I ask what part of her saying OK bothers you two? Is it just annoying to hear her say that word all the time?

It's mostly hearing it all the time. The tone seemed to have a more pleasant feeling.

I suppose for me if she made the tone from the onset things would probably be just fine for me too. But what bothers me is the tone is not very distinct or very loud to confirm said task was done or ack'd.

Like many I believe this issue is so simple - All they have to do is add the option to toggle the two choices for those wanting one or the other.

Also, I am unsure what others are talking about with the smart application having changed? I don't see anything different and none of the names or positions have changed? As Scott asked before is there a pending iOS update I haven't seen or received? 

Also, I am unsure what others are talking about with the smart application having changed? I don't see anything different and none of the names or positions have changed?

What has changed is that the term Connected Home no longer exists, it's now Smart Home and it's in the main column, not in Settings. Log out is also gone, instead there's a Not name? Sign out.

What has changed is that the term Connected Home no longer exists, it's now Smart Home and it's in the main column, not in Settings. Log out is also gone, instead there's a Not name? Sign out.

No sooner when you replied I went and checked again. And the changes you indicated are there now! The application did however shut down and restart and have to gather this is why I never saw the updates you guys indicated last night.

Its probably also why the system refused to turn on anything even after a hard reboot of the 994 Series Controller and the Echo. I really wish Amazon would publish a service maintenance calendar so people could be made aware these back end changes were being deployed.

It would save them huge resources in trouble tickets and responding to the same questions over and over again. I'm going to suggest this idea unless they already have it somewhere I haven't noticed before.

Thanks for the clarification . . .

No sooner when you replied I went and checked again. And the changes you indicated are there now! The application did however shut down and restart and have to gather this is why I never saw the updates you guys indicated last night.

Its probably also why the system refused to turn on anything even after a hard reboot of the 994 Series Controller and the Echo. I really wish Amazon would publish a service maintenance calendar so people could be made aware these back end changes were being deployed.

It would save them huge resources in trouble tickets and responding to the same questions over and over again. I'm going to suggest this idea unless they already have it somewhere I haven't noticed before.

Thanks for the clarification . . .

Completely agree. I think this is the only internet connected device I have ever owned where the manufacturer just pushes changes without any input or communication with the consumer (and frankly I don't care for it).

I ran through the a list of connected devices I own..

Isy

Xbox one

DVD player

Apple TV

iPhones

iPads

Asus router

Ip camera's

Not one of these devices will install an update without letting the consumer know and then the echo comes along.... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the echo but them making changes whenever they want is annoying!