8-button Insteon keypad button and garage door status

Weazel

So, I have an Elk M1 and an ISY.  They are communicating beautifully.  My garage door has a hardwired sensor into my M1 panel and my garage door is controlled by the M1 panel through a simple relay that closes the contacts on my garage door button for 2 sec.  I'm trying to get the "H" button on the 8 button keypad in the master bedroom to turn on when the garage door is open and then, if I press the button, "off" on the keypad causes the garage door to close.  I've got the closing part working but I can't seem to get the M1 to turn on the H button on the 8 button keypad.  I realize it's more of an ElkRP problem than a ISY problem but any help would be appreciated...

Matt

Secondary KPL buttons must be turned On/Off with an Insteon Scene.  This is a KPL requirement.

I don'T use ELK.  From an ISY Program it would be

Then

Set Scene "kplbuttonH" On or Off 

where "kplbuttonH" is a Responder

My 2 programs do this:

Garage Monitor - Closed - Alert - [ID 026C][Parent 0052]

If
        Elk Zone 'Garage Door' is Violated

Then
        Set Scene 'Main / SC - KitchenKPL - B' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Garage Monitor - Open - Alert - [ID 026D][Parent 0052]

If
        Elk Zone 'Garage Door' is Normal

Then
        Set Scene 'Main / SC - KitchenKPL - B' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

'Main / SC - KitchenKPL - B' is a scene simply containing the KPL button as a responded (as LeeG stated).

My garage door sensor is hard-wired to an Elk zone that I have named 'Garage Door' (entry 2 type in my case - so opening the door triggers a longer than usual entry timer). 

Michael.

Archived